You cannot just delete some of the imported figures ... you need to delete the entire import and use the summary entry option instead.
This link provides additional info on Changing Imported Data.
How to enter a summary in lieu of individual transactions
Your brokerage statements should include a summary of your transactions, grouped by sales category, for example "Box A short-term covered" or "Box D long-term covered". You'll enter the summary info instead of each individual transaction.
- Open your return in TurboTax Online (if it's not already open) and search for stock sales in the upper-right corner.
- Click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
- Answer Yes to both Did you sell any investments? and Did you get a 1099-B?
- If you land on Here's the investment sales info we have so far, select Add More Sales. Then answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-B?
- On the Choose Your Bank or Brokerage import screen, select I'll type it in myself.
- Select or enter your brokerage on the next screen and continue.
- On the following screen (Tell us about...) select the second option, I'll enter a summary.
- On the same screen, enter the total proceeds (sales) and cost basis, along with the sales category. Refer to your 1099-B for the amounts and category. When finished, select Done.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to enter additional sales or to view a summary.
When you are done entering all your sales transactions, you'll eventually come to the Here's the investment sales info we have so far screen. Here you can edit, delete, or enter more sales.
Thank you very much for your response. I meant to delete the entire 1099 and not individual transactions, but I guess I didn’t explain myself well. Regardless, the problem is that I cannot get into that page anymore to delete the item. First, when I clicked on the stock section in income list, it was giving me a “hit a snag” error. So I left it and thought it is a temporary problem and would resolve by itself. So I went ahead and worked on other sections such as my HSA entries. Later on, after I entered items in several other sections, at some point, it suddenly started to give me a connection dropped error. And now anywhere in the account that I go, it gives me that error. It seems that my account is stuck in there and I cannot go anywhere else in the account and the only page it shows me now is the income list page. I cannot even go to tax tool link or my personal information page. I am almost done with entering my information and October 15 is right around the corner so I don’t know what to do if I cannot access my account to complete the rest of the sections and submit my taxes.
Thanks for the guidance. I contacted them. Unfortunately, they couldn’t fix the problem because of the restrictions the support personnel have in accessing individual’s tax info. They assisted me to download the software and I had to re-enter all my taxes from scratch. The lesson learned here is that if your stock transactions are more than 1550, download the software and do it local and don’t do it online. I was able to download all my transactions from my brokerages to my TurboTax with no problem, which exceeded 3000 transactions.