briggs199711

Where’s my federal tax return

mesquitebean

Where’s my federal tax return

You asked:  "Where’s my federal tax return?"

You said "return", so are you unable to find and retrieve (download/print) a copy of your Federal return you filed from your Online account?

Or are you asking about a Federal tax refund and worded your question wrong? 

CassLO

Where’s my federal tax return

The IRS expects to issue most refunds in less than 21 days after being accepted. Turbotax gives an estimated date based on the IRS's 21 day timeframe. So it all depends on the IRS and how fast your tax return moves along in the system. TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS.

When will I get my IRS tax refund?

Taxpayers who claim the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) may experience a refund hold. The IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns with the EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit in late February.

Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act

To track your Federal refund, visit the Where’s My Federal Refund? site  You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status

Note: You will need your social security number, filing status, and refund amount in order to track your refund.

If your return is still pending and not accepted yet by the IRS, you will need to wait until it's accepted to check the status on the IRS website. Be sure when checking Where’s My Federal Refund? site that you are entering only your Federal refund amount. This can be found on your Federal form 1040, line 21a. Also if you paid any fees out of your federal refund, use the refund figure prior to the deduction of he fees.

You can track the status of your state return by following the directions in the following TurboTax FAQ.

How do I track my state refund?

Why do some refunds take longer than others?

2827

Where’s my federal tax return

Where is my federal tax return

ChondelLO

Where’s my federal tax return

If your return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval. Continue to track your status using the Where's My Refund? tool at the IRS website which updates daily.

When will I get my IRS tax refund? - Community