Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Where can I find proof of filing for 2020 through turbotax?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Did you efile?  Was it Accepted?

Did you go all the way through the File tab, through the 3 steps and hit the big orange Transmit Returns Now button?

You can check your efile status here     

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/   

When you efile you get back 2 emails.  The first email only confirms the transmission.  The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  What does it say?

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

When you print your tax return or download a PDF of your tax return, the last page of the federal tax return is an "Electronic Postmark," which is proof of filing.

Abdilaziz

Where can I find proof of filing for 2019through

How can I prove I e-filed my return (what is an "electronic postmark")?

An  Electronic Postmark, which is a time stamp that shows when your return was transmitted is included in the PDF.  Save one now for that information : 

How do I access a prior-year return?

Here's how to view and download your prior-year returns. You can access returns for the past seven years.

First time signing in this year

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account and continue through your prior year summary (EVEN IF YOU WILL NOT USE THE TT PROGRAM FOR THE 2021 RETURN). Make sure you're using the same TurboTax account (user ID) as in prior years.
  2. On the next screen click on TAX HOME then  scroll down and select Your tax returns & documents.
  3. Select the year you want, then select Download/print return (PDF).

If you've started your return already

Sign in to your TurboTax account. Make sure you're using the same TurboTax account (same user ID) as in prior years.

There are two ways to get your prior-year returns.

1. Select Documents from the side menu, use the drop-down menu to choose the tax year you want, and select Download tax PDF.
  2. From Tax Home, scroll down and select Your tax returns & documents. Select the year you want and select Download/print return (PDF).

Note: If the year you're looking for isn't there, it might be in a different account. Go here to find all of your accounts. One of them should have the return you're looking for

Need to prepare a prior-year return? Go here instead.

Related Information:

Another option is to get an account  or  return transcript from the IRS :  https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies