turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Verify my identity with

Hi Everyone, just another update. I received my Tax transcripts for 2018 from the IRS today. Now I can file my taxes for 2019 AND get my bank account updated for any future stimulus payments (if there are any)

I did the automated phone system thing at the IRS back in April of this year requesting my 2018 transcript. I hope that this helps you guys and gals.

Happy 4th of July!

Verify my identity with

Yes I need to change some information on my profile like email address, mailing address and debit card information 

Verify my identity with

@PaulaBreaker wrote:

Yes I need to change some information on my profile like email address, mailing address and debit card information 

See this TurboTax support FAQ for updating the information on your TurboTax account - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/account-updates/help/how-do-i-update-my-turbotax-account-informati...

lawdhowmercy
Returning Member

Verify my identity with

i cant get my identity verified. I have my birth certicate, tax returns, marraige cerificate. I just dint have a id. How can I get my identity verified. I have to also get my unemployment verified and Im at a lose on what to do. Can u please help

MaryK4
Expert Alumni

Verify my identity with

If you received a letter from the IRS to verify your identity, see Identity Verification for IRS Letter Recipients.  You should be able to do it online. but the IRS phone number is also included. 

If this does not apply, please provide more details- why do you need your identity verified? 

@lawdhowmercy

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Sueshoo

Verify my identity with

You can verify your ID with a pass W-2. They don't need a copy of it they will just verify the numbers with you over the phone. It can be as long as 8 yrs ago I believe. That's how I verified my ID

Cause I have no kind of id or driver license. Hope this helps

Verify my identity with

I spent over 8 hours trying to verify identity. time is money and as taxpayers we have a right to prompt courteous service. I was able to speak to someone in auditing in less than an hour and that person tried to help and was nice but could do nothing so she transferred me and gave me a bunch of different things to try. Then i spoke to someone in accounts who was rude as hell which got me mad as well but luckily during that conversation i was constantly using a second phone to retry the stupid number over and over and over and over until it didnt say due to high demand and hung up on me, when I heard the hold music omfg yeah im actually on hold bye!! I feel i deserve extra **bleep** compensation for having to literally do nothing but try to contact them for that freaking long and the fact now that they have verified my identity i must wait another 9 weeks and they refuse to do direct deposit and are instead mailing me a check. I have a fulltime job and toddlers so all of this is unacceptable in my book. They need to get more staffing for that department if they are going to send out so many of these letters now!

Verify my identity with

I'm not exactly sure of your situation or why you can't prove your identity but last year the same thing happened to me right when they closed down I had an appointment and then they shut down I couldn't go prove my identity that way it took me a total of 9 months to get my check finally but the thing that's the only thing that got it going was the fact that I faxed over my ID and anything I had that proved who I was and then I think within 6 to 8 weeks is when my check came after that so if they've giving you an email address or a fax number you should fax over anything you have to prove who you are right away cuz that's the only thing that helped me to get my check other than that I didn't get through with anybody talking to anyone with anything online nothing helped other than faxing over what I had and then I guess it went to someone and they passed it through but that was the only thing I could do cuz I was stuck and couldn't prove my identity cuz I couldn't go in and I couldn't talk to anyone so finally I got a fax number and just faxed over everything I had and that was the only thing that helped if you don't have that FAX number let me know and I'll give that to you also hope it.

Verify my identity with

I need to verify my identity. I went to the irs to sign up but it asks for credit card and i dont have any. Isnt turbo tax supposed to help me do it?

Verify my identity with

I don't know if TurboTax is supposed to help you with this or not. But the only thing I can do is to tell you that I had the same situation last year and the only thing that I was able to do was they gave me a fax number and I faxed over an ID FX over social security card mail bank statements everything that showed who I was my address anything that would help to prove who I was and within 8 weeks I received my check so that's the best option I can tell you because I didn't have a car loan or a credit card I didn't have any of those things that they asked for so the best thing I can tell you is to get that fax number from them if they don't give it to you I can give it to you and fax so you're over your info to them immediately and that's what helped me. I even downloaded a fax app so I could do it for my house, I didn't even have to leave . I hope this helps cuz I know how frustrating it is .good luck

Verify my identity with

If you received an identity request letter from the IRS, you can verify your identity through their website.  Here is the link.

@Jaimerodriguez13

Verify my identity with

Verify my.identity or help me 

Verify my identity with

I all ready contact them they said for me to file on line because I don't have a job

KathrynG3
Expert Alumni

Verify my identity with

TurboTax is separate from the IRS. 

If the IRS has requested this, you must use their website directly. Do not provide your details to anyone through an email or text request. 

Use this link only: IRS Identity Verification Service.

If you are eligible for the stimulus payments but have not received them, file your 2020 tax return to receive them. For more information, see: Recovery Rebate Credit Frequently Asked Questions | Internal Revenue Service.

Missy8091

Verify my identity with

So I was just able to get thru on the phone to verify my identity. I took me 3 days of trying at different times of day though. I got thru yesterday at 7 am on the dot, but the rep told me the system for Id verification is not up until 8 am, whatever. Had to go to work so I couldn’t be bothered yesterday. This morning by 705 am I was getting the message that due to call volume try next business day. I decided I’d just call back 10 to the hour every hour assuming as the day went on more workers would log on and be available. 950 call went thru and told me 30-60 minute wait time. Took about 35 minutes before someone came on. Process took about 10 mins. You should have more than your last 2 returns available. I had back to 2015 based on someone else’s suggestion. Her system for doing additional verification using personal family info froze out, so she was able to ask me for info from a few years priors returns to verify me. It’s super frustrating to try and get thru, but persistence is key. Call at 10 to the he every hr. It worked for me finally. Good luck all.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies