Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I would like to cancel that TurboTax. card

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

48 Replies
MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

To cancel your card you will need to contact Customer Care. You can call them toll-free at (888) 285-4169. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Were you successful in canceling

What if you call customer service and they never answer???

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Keep trying to contact them. Some people have tried choosing a different option instead of option 1. 

Please see below.

Turbo Debit Card Contact Us  

You guys should have a better way to do this especially with what’s going on right now. 

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

You will need to contact Customer Care. Customer Care can assist you with canceling your card. The contact information is available on their website at the link provided below:

Contact Us

We understand that but for example I have called twice to day and waited over 30 min on hold to no answer. There is so much going on right now that there should be another way to handle this. You guys charge fees if we aren't using the card and I no longer need it, but don't want fees or have the time to sit on hold all day. 

I have been calling for the past 3 days to be on hold for 3 to 4 hours at least twice a day and the line just hangs up on me. I have been this is the second card I was waiting on and it says it's been returned. I wanted to change the address but can't get ahold of anyone so I would just like to cancel the whole account and just get a check mailed to me 

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

We can't help you cancel the card on this forum that would have to be done through Turbo Visa Debit Card. Now, if you do want to try and change your refund method and the IRS has not approved your refund you can contact them to request a paper check be mailed to you. Call the IRS at 1-800-829-1040 and see if they will delete the bank account information for you, they are then required to mail you a paper check. 

Here are some tips when contacting the IRS (expect long hold times and you may not get through at the first attempt):

• First choose your language. 
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

Also this TurboTax FAQ lets you know what to have ready before you contact the IRS: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/irs/help/what-do-i-need-if-i-call-the-irs/00/27378

If you need to inquire about a state refund please contact your state Department of Revenue.

Debitx

How can I get access to my check the account they put in I lost card so I do not know the last four of card on that account I only know full account numb

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@Debitx

If you were not able to create your account and activate card. Please visit this website to do so. https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/

You can contact customer service. https://turbodebitcard.intuit.com/contact-us  (888) 285-4169. 

Follow the steps below. Listen to the recording (you cannot skip it) Press 2 to continue using the automated system. The system will ask you to enter your 16 digit card number or if you don't know it, enter your social security number (do not enter either one of these) The system will then say " To report a card lost, stolen, or never received, Press 1", then press 1 Press 2 for the option of " have not yet received your card". Next you will be prompted to enter your social security number, zip code, and birthday. At this point the system should give you an option to get a new card sent or allow you to speak to an agent.

Please note: It may take over an hour to get your call answered as the phone lines are extremely busy at this time of year.

Can you guys make chat box feature? We cant call this should be an option. I know you guys want us to keep the card and all but this isn't working 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately the customer service is a separate customer service than normal Turbo Tax. 

But I can never reach anyone. I just want to cancel my card : (

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies