turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I never had a option to select for a cash advance loan and i would like to get one

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AshleighP
Intuit Alumni

I never had a option to select for a cash advance loan and i would like to get one

TurboTax is offering a Cash Advance Loan to some people this year. The program will determine your eligibility and if you are eligible, it will give you an option for the loan when you are in the Filing section. If you did not see the option for the Cash Advance Loan you were not eligible for some reason. In addition, you cannot add this option after you have already filed your taxes. 

More information is available here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6467221

View solution in original post

11 Replies
AshleighP
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax is offering a Cash Advance Loan to some people this year. The program will determine your eligibility and if you are eligible, it will give you an option for the loan when you are in the Filing section. If you did not see the option for the Cash Advance Loan you were not eligible for some reason. In addition, you cannot add this option after you have already filed your taxes. 

More information is available here: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6467221

TurboTax does not offer cash advance loans
m1ch4elb

Then why do they keep advertising that they do
GATomboy

I received the advance last year, why wouldn't I be eligible this year? The option was not available to me. I have not filed yet as H&R Block offers advances as well but I would prefer to use turbotax as this is who I use every year.

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax is offering the Refund Advance option to some people this tax season. The program will determine your eligibility and if you are eligible, it will give you an option for the loan when you are in the Filing section. If you did not see the option for the Refund Advance you were not eligible.

The email you received should have included the reason why you were not approved. Your approval is based on the size of your federal refund and your tax information, along with other factors. You may not receive the Refund Advance if one of these factors doesn’t meet the qualifying standards of the lender. Please call 1-888-679-8122 for further assistance.

Please click the TurboTax Help link, listed below, to learn more.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/6467221

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Linds9

I'm thinking it's being offered to those that don't have their pay card.  I already have one that's  active and I continue to use it throughout the year and didn't get the option.  My friend got the option for the advance, she uses Turbo Tax but always her own bank account.  So idk just a thought!

GATomboy

I actually figured it out by creating a new turbo tax account. If you use the free link from the IRS to make sure all of the forms that are suppose to be free actually are free from turbotax, they(turbotax) will not offer the refund advance to you. It is unfortunate that they have their systems set up this way, but those of us with the EIC credit will start to be accepted on the 15th so I can wait a little longer. For me the wait is worth it to make sure all of my forms are free as they should be without turbotax up-selling and stating those free forms can only be accessed by upgrading to one of their paid plans.

nish2911

I was approved for an advance refund and was close- to completing everything and now I no longer qualify. Turbotax keeps saying I should " you may still qualify for Refund Advance if your tax return is updated" I've updated my tax returned and pay for the taxes out of pocket and now I still don't qualify. Please help

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Can you please clarify your question - are you expecting a tax refund or does TurboTax show you owe taxes to the IRS?

If you are expecting a tax refund, you can check the below TurboTax Help Article for information and eligibility. 

Offer details and disclosures for the Refund Advance program

@nish2911 

I would like to make a cash loan

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You had to apply for the refund advance before submitting your tax return. This offer was available until February 15, 2023.

@Chacarla swatt  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies