Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jafanik

Tax Refund

I have have filed my taxes and it was accepted on 1/27/20. I received my state refund via debit card which is linked to my bank account. on 1/31/20. It is 2/5/19 and I am still waiting for my federal refund. How long does this take to be completed?

Thank you, 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

63 Replies

Tax Refund

My refund was supposed to be sent to my bank today. I also filed on the 27th but I haven’t received anything yet. 

Tax Refund

same exact scenario for me. Although I did read same question for last year and some answers stated that if you paid for your filing with tax refund it takes an extra day?  If anyone gets any updates please let me know. 

Tax Refund

Mine was accepted on the 30th but it's not showing anything it's been approved or anything like that we're still waiting why is that I thought e file with quicker

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Refund

If you claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) this could be why you're seeing a delay.  Please see Some 2019 federal refunds are delayed due to the PATH Act for more information. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tax Refund

Me to I just got my state refund in my bank but federal has not even been approved yet. And I don’t have any dependents or things like that 

Tax Refund

Accepted on Jan 27th. Nothing special and no earned income tax or children. Basic return. Still has not been approved or gotten to the middle bar on where's my refund. No state I'm in Florida. I heard around online that it would be done by this Friday Feb 7th. Has anyone from the 27th been paid federal yet?

Tax Refund

No not yet and my status is still reading the same accepted.... Same on Irs.gov. The status bar is not moving its been the same since January. 27th

Tax Refund

I'm in the same boat as you sweetie I did mine on the 27th an haven't got nothing back yet

Tax Refund

I'm part of that 27th club as well. Honestly, I'm glad im not the only one. It is kinda messed up though that I paid for turbo tax this year. I can't even get a response back from the live help messenger. 

Anaaaa

Tax Refund

mine was accepted the 21 and still no refund, no updates on IRS.check my refund either 

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Tax Refund

Even though the IRS issues 9 out of 10 tax refunds within 21 days, it's possible your return may require additional review and take longer to process.

For some taxpayers, PATH Act requirements and other identity-protection safeguards implemented by the IRS may account for longer wait times. This is if you claimed EIC or Additional Child Tax Credit, the IRS usually begins issuing tax refunds on returns in late February, even though you are able to file now.

Other things that can delay your refund include, but are not limited to:

• Liens, back taxes, or refund offsets
  • Errors, inconsistencies, or missing information
  • Identity fraud
  • Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation, which can take 11-14 weeks to process

Also, if you chose direct deposit, your financial institution may need another day or two to post the refund to your account, so keep that in mind.

Where’s My Refund? has a tracker that displays progress through 3 stages: (1) Return Accepted (Received), (2) Refund Approved and (3) Refund Sent.

Related Information:

You can find additional information on the IRS website on the link below:

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tax Refund

The IRS sent my refund 2 days ago, on 2/5/20. I'm really pissed off that I still don't have my money. I too opted to have the Turbo Tax fees deducted from my Federal refund.  No state return was needed.  Why isn't there a phone number available for us to call? What's up with this Green Dot Bank, who is supposed to deduct the TT fees and forward the rest of my refund?

Tax Refund

@ladydeeny wrote:

The IRS sent my refund 2 days ago, on 2/5/20. I'm really pissed off that I still don't have my money. I too opted to have the Turbo Tax fees deducted from my Federal refund.  No state return was needed.  Why isn't there a phone number available for us to call? What's up with this Green Dot Bank, who is supposed to deduct the TT fees and forward the rest of my refund?

If you requested to have the TurboTax account fees deducted from your federal tax refund, the IRS will send the refund to a third party processor to have the fees and the service charge deducted. The third party processor will deduct the TurboTax fees plus the service charge and then attempt to direct deposit the remaining refund balance into the account that you entered on your tax return.

For the status of your tax refund you will need to contact the third party processor, Santa Barbara Tax Product Group, using their website - https://www.sbtpg.com/

Tax Products Group Contact Information - https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Tax Refund

The one thing that all of us commenters have in common in this thread, is that the IRS has already approved and sent our refunds. Your response doesn't relate to the question that we all have asked. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies