My return is accepted but still not approved. Is t... - Intuit Turbo Real Money Talk

EnglishEN

Pick a language

English Français
Intuit
,Created with Sketch.2257 helpful votes

My return is accepted but still not approved. Is there a problem? Should I be worried?

If your return was accepted less than 21 days ago, hang in there. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to go from acceptance to approval. This timeframe is unrelated to how, where, or when you filed and isn't connected to how quickly you got your refund last year.

It also doesn't mean you're being audited — the 2019 "audit season" doesn't start until summer.

IRS representatives will be able to research the status of your refund if your return was accepted (received) more than 21 calendar days ago. Call them at 1-800-829-1040, but prepare for potentially long wait times.

For more info about Where's My Refund and other refund-related topics, visit the IRS's Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Intuit TurboTax - Finish filing and get your maximum refund, guaranteed.

Ready to Try TurboTax?

Returning? Sign in