Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Tax Refund

Thank you for giving me a place to start.

Tax Refund

Ok, now I'm worried. I followed this link and this Santa Barbara Tax Products group is stating that they have not received my refund from the IRS. THAT CAN'T BE. The IRS sent my refund 2 days ago and that's directly from their "Where's My Refund" tool.

Tax Refund

Turbo Tax and/or Intuit needs to immediately launch an investigation into this Santa Barbara Tax Products Group. Too many of us are having the same problem with not getting our refund deposited to our bank.

Tax Refund

@ladydeeny wrote:

Ok, now I'm worried. I followed this link and this Santa Barbara Tax Products group is stating that they have not received my refund from the IRS. THAT CAN'T BE. The IRS sent my refund 2 days ago and that's directly from their "Where's My Refund" tool.

As stated on the IRS website for tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

What is happening when Where’s My Refund? shows my refund’s status as approved?
We’ve approved your refund. We are preparing to send your refund to your bank or directly to you in the mail. This status will tell you when we will send the refund to your bank (if you selected the direct deposit option). Please wait 5 days after we’ve sent the refund to check with your bank about your refund, since banks vary in how and when they credit funds. (It could take several weeks before you receive a mailed refund check.)

Tax Refund

Last year my federal return was sent 8 days after my state return. The year before that it was 9 days. And the year before that it was 8 days.

So there's obviously a consistency. I received my state refund this year on February 5th so my federal return should be direct deposited on or around February 12th or 13th.

Tax Refund

I'd also like to know why the status bar in Turbo Tax hasn't updated since my return was accepted. The IRS has processed and approved and sent my refund.

Tax Refund

You need to have a conversation with Santa Barbara Tax Products Group sooner rather than later. Something is definitely wrong.

Tax Refund

Relax.

It takes a few days from the time the IRS approves your return for it to be direct deposited to your bank account.

Tax Refund

@ladydeeny wrote:

I'd also like to know why the status bar in Turbo Tax hasn't updated since my return was accepted. The IRS has processed and approved and sent my refund.

The status on the TurboTax account will remain as Accepted.

Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.

Tax Refund

Please do not insult my intelligence by repeating all that. The IRS sent my refund 2 days ago, on 2/5/20. If everything is done electronically, there is no good reason why, 2 days later, the fees haven't been deducted by SBTPG and the remaining amount forwarded to my bank.

Tax Refund

Well the status bar in TT needs to be shortened or otherwise revised.

Tax Refund

My issue is with this Santa Barbara Tax Products Group stating that they haven't received my money from the IRS when it was SENT 2 days ago. 

Tax Refund

@ladydeeny wrote:

My issue is with this Santa Barbara Tax Products Group stating that they haven't received my money from the IRS when it was SENT 2 days ago. 

As previously stated to you -

IRS website for tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Please wait 5 days after we’ve sent the refund to check with your bank about your refund, since banks vary in how and when they credit funds.

Tax Refund

No

Tax Refund

@ladydeeny wrote:

Please do not insult my intelligence by repeating all that. The IRS sent my refund 2 days ago, on 2/5/20. If everything is done electronically, there is no good reason why, 2 days later, the fees haven't been deducted by SBTPG and the remaining amount forwarded to my bank.

So the IRS is lying when they state - Please wait 5 days after we’ve sent the refund to check with your bank about your refund, since banks vary in how and when they credit funds.

Banks have holds on deposits for various reasons and will not show on an account until the hold is released.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies