Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Lexi233

Rejection

Why I keep rejected after I put everything correctly in?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

13 Replies

Rejection

Tell us what the rejection email says--word for word.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Rejection

Refer to the Turbo Tax FAQ for assistance with your rejected return. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/how-do-i-fix-a-rejected-return/00/26136

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Rejection

Don't know why i keep getting rejected.

Rejection

Tell us word for word what the rejection email says.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

Rejection

If your return was rejected, we will need the rejection codes in order to assist you with the reason for rejection. We do not have access to your return or account. Feel free to respond to this post. If you prefer to speak with an agent, please click here to get in contact with customer care. Please be sure to enter the correct product, edition, and a detailed description of your issue. If you see a message that says "We can't find an answer to your issue", please click the "Try Something Else" drop down. Once you fill out the form, you will be given a service ticket number and a phone number to contact customer care

Rejection

Email says return for state and fed rejected 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Rejection

The email should say why your return was rejected.  For further instructions, please see below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/rejections/help/how-do-i-fix-a-rejected-return/00/26136

JoyD

Rejection

The rejection code is IND-031-04 Primary taxpayer AIG or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.  

I checked the AIG and it is correct. However, the PIN issued by TurboTax (not me) is mine from last year - not my husband's because he passed away.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Rejection

Please see the Customer Support phone number below for further assistance:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

If you would like to reach out through our website, please see the TurboTax FAQ below for contact information: https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

j2a2ryan

Rejection

Your federal tax return was rejected

This happens from time to time, but we're here to help.

We'll walk you through updating and e-filing your return every step of the way.

What happened

IND-031-04 - The primary taxpayer's AGI or Self-select PIN from last year does not match IRS records.

Next step

We'll help you get this updated on your federal return and e-file .

To update your return

Simply sign in to TurboTax and we'll walk you through making the updates you need, then help you e-file your updated return.

If it isn't possible to e-file your updated return, we'll make sure you have everything you need to print and file your tax return by mail.

Need your user ID or password? Get a quick reminder

artiespol

Rejection

My federal return was rejected because I used the wrong AGI from last year. Even when I fixed the AGI it still was rejected. What can I do besides mailing in the return? Is that a way I can see if the IRS accepted the return even thou turbo tax says it was rejected?

Rejection

Rejections come from the IRS---not from TurboTax.

If it was rejected for AGI—-be aware that many 2019 returns took so long for the IRS to process that your 2019 AGI might not be in the IRS system.   Try using zero instead.

If filing with zero is rejected then file again but select the option that you did not file last year.  The IRS does not see that question and it will allow you to e-file with no AGI question.

Or—-if you filed as a “non-filer” just to get the stimulus check on a 2019 return, try using $1 as the AGI.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

If that does not work and you still cannot e-file, then print, sign, and mail your tax return.

Rejection

@artiespol wrote:

My federal return was rejected because I used the wrong AGI from last year. Even when I fixed the AGI it still was rejected. What can I do besides mailing in the return? Is that a way I can see if the IRS accepted the return even thou turbo tax says it was rejected?

The rejected message you received from TurboTax is based on the IRS rejecting the e-filed tax return.

Since the IRS is rejecting your 2020 federal tax return for the 2019 AGI you entered the IRS more than likely does not have the 2019 AGI for your name and Social Security number in their database.

Enter a 0 (zero) for the 2019 AGI and e-file the tax return again.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies