Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Why is my return taking so long to process?

My taxes was accepted on 02/13/21 and I still haven't received my refund nor did it  process on where is my refund I filed with turbotax why haven't it been processed yet?? 

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Refunds take about 21 days after the IRS has accepted your E-filed tax return. Please see below for more information. 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/00/25589

Please see below for reasons why you may be unable to track the status of your refund.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-...

No its not taking long because of that...my mom is claiming those credits and got hers on wednesday. She filed with h&r block I filed before her with turbotax and still nothing this is the last year I file with turbotax..always taking so long.

This is my last year filing with turbotax they used to be good and fast now they are one of the worst place to file your taxes and they charge you its never free and they slow ass hell never again this is my last time and year with turbotax

This has been the worst experience we have had trying to get a return on our taxes.  Typically, we get approved very quickly and then money is in the account. Everyone else I know has already received their returns. It’s unfortunate but this money was supposed to be used to close on a house for my growing family and TurboTax took that away from us. Every tax season from now on, I will flaunt the disastrous company that is TurboTax on social media and in person. Y’all have made it a life goal for me to see this **bleep**ty company die.  You can’t promise that you will help and charge $170 for a live expert and then not make those people a priority. Hell, even if they used your free services. Anyone wanna bet that TurboTax employees don’t even use their own company for tax returns? H&R Block next year folks. This is the last time we get **bleep**ed by TT

so I filed my taxes on January 27th and then they rejected it February 15th because my Baby son's last name had not been changed to his father's last name  yet so I changed it to my last name and it was accepted and a couple days after that his last name is changed back to his dad's  could that be reason why I have a delay because it's past the 21 days and I've never waited this long for my taxes if that could be the reason how do I let the IRS know so it can speed up my process because right now it says still being processed and a date will be given when available also could they be giving me $1,100 for him since he was born last year on my taxes and that's why it's taking so long or is it because of the new stimulus that was just passed why it's taking so long really need some money because I was on maternity leave and I got let go of my job and all I had at the time is child support from my ex-husband for my other two kids because unemployment office hasn't indicated any eligibility which doesn't help me and then I did get a new job but it's only part-time so we really need in this money quick so I'm hoping my stimulus that just passed doesn't take forever either

SamS1
Expert Alumni

If you have earned income credit and/or additional child tax credit, it is probably delayed.  Returns with either of these credits are covered under the PATH act, which gives the IRS authority to delay the refund to verify dependent information on your return. For 2020, the IRS was not issuing refunds for these returns until the 1st week of March.  Since it sounds like there were some problems with your child's name and social security number, your refund may be delayed an additional week for the IRS to verify the child's identity.   

You can check the status of your refund from the IRS.gov website.  Click here for a link to Where's My Refund

Is there a way to show my son's identity quicker to them or can they check the rejected return first and see i put the right last name before they had me change it back to my last name?

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

You can contact the IRS and see if they can assist you however they may not do it over the phone. Call the IRS at (800) 829-1040, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. your local time.

Here are some tips when contacting the IRS:

• First choose your language
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

Please see this TurboTax FAQ on what to have ready before you contact the IRS: What do I need if I call the IRS?

@MamaJeru-35

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I efiled using turbo tax deluxe ! It was accepted by the IRS  on 2/12/21 ...the very first day they would even accept taxes! I dont understand 27 or 28 days later i getting " your refund is still being processed"? What? It say only call if past 21 days to find out why ! I cant even get a person on the phone? Come on i want answers Please..im am really needing this money 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

With the IRS filing delay and backlog this tax season due to COVID closing the offices and leaving the IRS with very few employees working for the past year, the IRS has not stated how long it will take to deposit tax refunds. Your tax refund may be deposited in your bank account before the IRS has a chance to update your information on the Where's My Refund website

Please click IRS Operations During COVID-19: Mission-critical functions continue to learn more.  

If you e-filed, make sure the return was e-filed successfully and accepted:

• Re-check your e-file status 

Make sure to enter the federal refund amount without the state refund, less any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.

• If you are married filing jointly try using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

If you have already tried the above on the IRS WMR website, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954. 

Please check Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Its turbo tax, me and my ex husband used it this year.  I've used it for at least 6 years this has never happened.  Everyone I know who used a different service has gotten theirs back, even those who filed later than we did. 

Something isn't right.  

Turbo tax messed up something.  

I filed back towards the end of Jan and still have not received my refunds!  Every time I check it states that there is no such info in the state website however I did receive a text stating it was accepted for both!  This is the second time I’ve heard that Turbo tax customers are having issues and there has been a lot if fraud going on.  For what you guys charged me this is ridiculous, I doubt I’m coming back with you to do my taxes again!  I have family and friends who filed in the beginning of March who already received their refunds so I don’t understand what the hell is going on with Turbo tax!

It's Been 31 days since my refund was accepted using turbotax. I have heard nothing from the IRS asking for more information. Even my second stimulus check took forever to receive and I heard a lot of other people that used turbo tax had a long wait also. Been using turbotax since 2002. Won't be using it again next year. This is ridiculous on the time wait and too expensive now to get no answers from anybody

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies