turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Where is my refund?

@Crystalh856  wrote:

Where is my refund 

You've posted in the middle of an old cluttered thread, so it might get confusing.  Normally it's best to start one's own new thread.

How long has it been since you filed?   Did you efile, or did you print, sign, and mail the return?   If you efiled, double-check with this tool to be sure the return was efiled successfully and accepted:
https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp

If that showed it was accepted (or if you mailed the return), what do you see at the IRS website below for the status of your Federal refund?
https://www.irs.gov/Refunds
NOTE: When using that tool, use only the Federal refund amount, and not any total refund amount that includes a state refund. The amount to use is on your Federal Form 1040, Line 20a.

If that IRS tool shows that the refund has been sent, report back for more info.

If the IRS tool says it is still "being processed", and if it's been longer than 21 days, we can tell you how to speak to a live agent at the IRS to see if they can tell you anything about the delay.  

To track a state refund:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

Myreckels

Where is my refund?

I still have not received my 2018 refund

Where is my refund?

@Myreckels Scroll up in the thread you posted to and read what it says just above your post.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Where is my refund?

811..I file in March 2019

Where is my refund?

Well, I E-Filed October 10, 2019 and its now January 14, 2020 and I still do not have my refund.  I have called a few times and never get a straight answer from anyone.  I called again today and the phone answerer came back five(5) times to tell me it will take a little longer. Then a sixth time I hear we were doing updates in November and we just finished updating today (sounds like they think everybody is stupid). I was told to give it another 30 days.  Call back around February 14, 2020.  So much for TurboTax 21 day refund.  I have no dependents, no stocks, no bonds, no capital losses, no capital gains, no "hidden" income, no foreign accounts, no social security money although I pay $3000 a year in FICA even though I can never get a penny from Social Security.  I have not made a "religious " conversion to Islam.  I still only believe in one G-d.  I had not been able to take a "hot" shower since the water heater failed and have to use a large heating pad on my chest to warm me since my furnace needed replacing. All these repairs have been put on hold since I filed my return.  Now its too late in the winter to do any plumbing work.  Electric space heaters and a trip to a gym for a shower.  I can still take a cold shower if I can stand it.  I might have to file a 2019 tax return to see if I get a refund.  I might get it before I see a 2018 tax return refund.

Where is my refund?

Sorry you are having such a frustrating time.  However, your problem is not with TurboTax.  It is with the IRS.  The average amount of time to process a return is 21 days, but sometimes the IRS takes longer.  TurboTax does not control the IRS.   Apparently the IRS is taking a long time to process your return.  That is not TT's fault.  Try calling a Tax Advocate for help:

https://www.irs.gov/advocate

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
tpettus
Returning Member

Where is my refund?

Trying To make sure you received it

tpettus
Returning Member

Where is my refund?

Did you receive my refund

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Where is my refund?

@tpettus Can you provide more detail about the question you're asking?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
bignay1879
Returning Member

Where is my refund?

Why is my federal taxes being rejected?

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Where is my refund?

If your 2019 tax return has been rejected, you will receive an email as to why your return was rejected. You can use the link provided below on how to fix the rejection and re-file the return:

How to fix a rejection

Where is my refund?

How come my refund status doesn't show on the IRS SITE?

LakeyaLO
Intuit Alumni

Where is my refund?

Please click the link below for the Turbo Tax FAQ  for information on your refund status not showing on Where's My Refund.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/why-is-there-no-record-of-my-return-at-where-s-...

Where is my refund?

Why cant i see anything on the irs wedsite

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Where is my refund?

Until the IRS starts processing your tax return there may not be a record of it or the IRS website may reflect that you have entered incorrect information. When tracking your federal refund you need to wait at least 24 hours after first transmitting your tax return. As your return moves through the system the status will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. These updates are made daily, usually overnight. Also, you will need to know the exact amount of your tax return refund, your tax return filing status, and your Social Security number when you visit the IRS website to track your refund.

Manage cookies