Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to have Routing and Account numbers work when accurate?

I am trying to file taxes. When entering my routing and account numbers to have the tax return be a direct deposit rather than a check, the turbo tax program says the account number "does not match, please re-enter"  It definitely matches. I contacted my bank and they validated that both numbers are correct. I do not know what to do.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I got the same message.  I needed leading zeroes "00" in front of my account number.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

I got the same message.  I needed leading zeroes "00" in front of my account number.

Thank you. I had tried that and tried once again just now, with the zeros that precede the number on my bank statement and I am still receiving the same message.

I have the same problem.

"The account number does not match. Please re-enter."

I tried cutting and pasting from the bank as well as manually entering the number and preceding the account number with 00

Most likely your routing number is incorrect for external deposits. Even if you are copying it from your banks website please contact your bank to get the accurate routing number for external deposits. The program will not allow an incorrect routing number which is why you keep getting the error message you get.

That's not it...neither one works!

I've been having the same problem and have finally fixed it.

Go to Tools>My Tax Data>Info Wks, Routing number.

Click on this entry, then click on "Go to Form." You'll find both numbers there and can edit them if necessary. Click on "Close Form" when finished.

I found an error in my account number. After I fixed it, the problem was gone!

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Try to delete the routing and account number completely and then re-enter it. Do not copy and paste the numbers into TurboTax as that can cause an error as well. If you are using TurboTax Online, clear your browser's cache and delete cookies before re-entering the account numbers. 

If you continue to have issues please see the link below to contact one of our TurboTax representatives for further assistance:
What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
shannda

Adding zeros did not help me. Don't use the tab button to go from box to box when entering numbers. When I reentered the numbers without using the tab to go from routing to account number and it worked.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies