turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Genosky

Refund

My return was accepted by IRS on 02/12/2021.

when I check on the status of my refund the message is that it is in process!  I am still waiting.

I have tried to call IRS... no luck.  
Turbo Tax said that it is the IRS issue.

any suggestions???

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

TurboTax does not receive updates on your refund status after your tax return has been accepted by the IRS.

Please see this information from our expert @ToddL99 on why your tax return refund may be delayed: Refund Delay.

The IRS is working on backlogs and both the EIC and Recovery Rebate can add to your processing time. See this about refund timing: Refund Timing

When calling the IRS as suggested it is best to call early in the morning and not on Monday or Tuesday. Call the IRS at (800) 829-1040, Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m. your local time.

Here are some tips when contacting the IRS:

• First choose your language
  • Then do not choose the first choice regarding REFUND, or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for personal income tax questions.
  • Then press 1 for form, tax history, or payment.  
  • Then press 3 for all other questions.
  • Then press 2 for all other questions to be transferred to an agent

Please see this TurboTax FAQ on what to have ready before you contact the IRS: What do I need if I call the IRS?

@Genosky

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Refund

I'm experiencing the same issue with pretty much the same excuse from the IRS.GOV. This is the first time I've had a problem with turbo tax I've been a customer since day one when they first started I went from getting my taxes done for FREE to now paying them to process my taxes. And this year I had to wait for the IRS to approve my document late because of the COVID-19 I always have turbo process my document in late January but just like you they ( IRS ) didn't approve it until February 12th 2021.  Also I had issues with my state taxes and was advise to mail my state document in so I did and I had no problems at all and was very shock to receive my state refund so quick and it was sent via mail. and my federal was sent electronically. I sent turbo a message but all they do is respond back with a specific due date that they are going to deduct my fees from my account for processing my 2020 taxes. Now that I know that I'm not the only turbo tax customer going through this strange issue I truly think it's turbo tax proprietor who has created this terrible mess of the waiting game.

njurygar

Refund

I have the same problem, please help! 

MayaD
Expert Alumni

Refund

Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:

• Includes errors
  • Is incomplete
  • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
  • Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit. See Q&A below.
  • Includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation PDF, which could take up to 14 weeks to process
  • Needs further review in general.

Where’s My Refund? will give you a personalized date after we process your return and approve your refund.

You can also call the Taxpayer Advocate Service toll-free at 1-877-777-4778, or fill out Form 911, Request for Taxpayer Advocate Service Assistance. The Taxpayer Advocate Service is an independent organization within the IRS and is your voice at the IRS

FArcher30

Refund

I e- filed my 2020 tax return march 1,2021 and got accepted march 4,2021 it's been over 21 days can't check where's my refund cause it doesn't show the bar no more and saying still processing and available date will be provided.. I called yesterday the lady told me wait til may 13,2021 check again and keep checking the where's my refund app .. what's going on .

SamS1
Expert Alumni

Refund

Did you have unemployment benefits?  Could be number of reasons for refund delays, especially this year. Generally it is due to dependent verification, refund offset, or information mismatch. You can get a free transcript of your return to review of any holds or codes. Click here to get your free online transcript.

Did you have unemployment benefits. So to not have to process thousands of amended returns, if you had unemployment benefits the IRS could be holding your return for processing once their systems are updated for the American Rescue Plan Act that excludes the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits if your adjusted gross income is less than $150,000.   
If you have earned income credit and/or additional child tax credit, it is probably delayed. Returns with either of these credits are covered under the PATH act, which gives the IRS authority to delay the refund to verify dependent information on your return. For 2020, the IRS was not issuing refunds for these returns until the 1st week of March. 

Do you have any refund offsets such as back taxes, student loans, child support, state obligations (Court costs), etc. This could delay your refund and you will receive a letter indicating the change.

If you answered the stimulus questions incorrectly, this will delay your refund. If you claimed the Recovery Rebate credit on your return, the IRS is matching stimulus payments to returns with the Recovery Rebate credit. If there is a mismatch, you will be receiving a letter.

Keep checking IRS.gov "Where's my Refund" for the most up to date information.

Check here also for more information on refund delays.

Refund

we are having the same exact problem, we filed on feb 21st, said it was suppose to be issed by march 14th, we did direct deposit and still nothing. All i get is still being processed. ugh frustrating

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

Refund

Due to the ongoing effects of the pandemic, the IRS is experiencing major delays with the processing of returns and as SamS1 mentioned above, there are so many variables especially this year. Just continue to periodically check your status and hopefully you will hear something soon @sgarza60.

Refund

same thing happened to us

Refund

we signed up for direct deposit and even did the deluxe version of turbo tax, still having the same issues as everyone else.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Refund

Unfortunately, the IRS is experiencing delays in the processing of returns due to a later than usual start to the tax season, a backlog of mailed returns, current tax season returns, and the current round of stimulus payments. Please see this post here byToddL99 for further explanation of why returns are delayed. 

Refund

Same here did my taxes still no refund and I just got an email from turbo tax saying I owe them 90 dollars but I still haven’t even got my return can’t get through the IRS even if my life depended on it so sucks!!! No tax refund no stimulus just a bill from turbo tax 😩

Refund

I received an email about a payment turbo tax is going to charge me. It is unbelievable that this company who has not helped me in the process of figuring out what is wrong with my federal tax return in regards to processing and refund information. I still haven’t received my refund and I probably will not use turbo tax ever again after this year I am frustrated and honestly disappointed. My return (according to turbo) was accepted my the IRS 02/12. When I check my irs website acct I don’t see any record of a return being submitted by TurboTax to the irs. Everytime I call the IRS I get different answers in regards to “verifying my identity” which I did WEEKS AGO. I understand the frustration and why I have to be patient but turbo tax shouldn’t be able to charge me for a service they didn’t provide well at all. 

Refund

I have nothing on line 30 and I filed my on 2/12/20 and I still haven’t received mine or TurboTax fix email. The IRS2Go and the irs web site says “ your tax return is still being processed a refund date will be provided when available. And I don’t understand why. I’ve filed the same way every year and I’ve been doing the same work for the past 4 years. I CANT get hold of them one the phone. I wish I knew something

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies