Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Refund advance

Yes but most of us can’t get to the review process bc TurboTax never sent our applications to the bank.

Refund advance

I understand that, but they shouldn't be requiring you to sign up for Credit Karma money until they get a response then. They give you the impression you've been approved make you sign up for a service you may not want as a condition of being approved, and then turn around and deny it afterwards. It makes me think hey really just wanted to get the traffic and sign-ups for Credit Karma Money. There should at least be something stating if you are approved for sure then you'll have to setup an account. 

Refund advance

I think that’s EXACTLY what they did!!

Refund advance

Today is now 2/2/2022. I have had turbo tax for 4 years and never had this issue with my advance and I’m here for others that may have this issue I’m reading. I filed earlier this morning and called turbo tax after the 2 hour mark that they advertised just to say I’ll have to wait a few more hours then call back to say I’ll have to wait 24 hours then called first century bank and they’re saying they don’t even see an application for my refund advance with my social. This is so annoying none of the representatives know anything , credit karma doesn’t know anything and I didn’t even want to make a bank account with them it seems as if they’re forcing it I had a turbo tax card I can’t even add to get my refund the responses that I’m seeing on this page happened in late January it is now February and they’re still going through the same thing we all need our money they’re false advertising and no one can give a definite answer has anyone received the advance ??? I haven’t received emails or anything and my refund was accepted in almost an hour after filing 

Refund advance

Yes same here! Filed was pre approved next day irs accepted everything... turbo tax told me it could take 48 hours but that was days ago and now I'm being told I should get an email saying if I was approved or not and for how much... that has never came! Mean while my taxes are going to a new account I didn't need just so I could get the advance because I've been off work with covid and need the money now! 

Refund advance

All I know is A LOT of people are having this problem. But they’re still advertising the service like nothing is wrong.

Refund advance

When will the advance be fixed?

Refund advance

I hope this can assist anyone going through this after several calls to everyone I finally asked to speak to a manager or supervisor with turbo tax and they told me many of us are being mislead with the selection we chose for the advance basically when they make you click the refund advance (second bullet) they send you to the credit karma page to make an account then they send you back to the turbo tax page to click the second option again a lot of us click the first one because it redirected us and if you did that then you’ll have to wait the 21 days they set us up and long story short don’t file with these people again I pray my return comes and all of us having issues if you have a problem don’t speak to the reps the don’t know anything ask for the supervisor or manager !!!

Refund advance

I was wondering if that is what was going on.

They needed as many people as possible to sign up for credit karma without actually getting the advance so they could fund this dang merger. So they set it up to trick people. This is some evil corporate bs. Yea I'm definitely switching tax services.

Refund advance

Is anyone else confused by the instruction in the email for redoing the refund advance? Where is the “file” button in the navigation bar? I don’t see it!

Refund advance

@cutiekim641  Yeah I’m super confused because this doesn’t apply to me ! First century bank has my pre qualification already and I filed. This doesn’t work. I’m on phone with supervisor 

Refund advance

It doesn't even work if you already filed🤦‍♀️

Refund advance

This is such BULL!!!!! 🤬🤬🤬🤬

Refund advance

Yeah I’m super pissed now because I actually was ok with not receiving anymore then they send this fake email that doesn’t even apply. 

Refund advance

Yup she said she it doesn’t work for those who filed and have pending refund advance already 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies