turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Paying

I submitted my taxes at the beginning of April.  Both State and Federal were accepted.  I set up e-payments for both. The State payment was made per request, but the Federal payment has not been deducted.  It has been more than 10 days.  It appears that the Federal return did not use my account information to make the payment.  I called the [phone number removed] number provided to verify payment, but it states that does not have the information.  

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

Paying

In a normal season, the IRS will debit your account on the date you specified or soon after.  We have had several reports of the IRS not debiting accounts on the scheduled date. Just be patient -- the IRS will take your money! 

If you want to check the debit date you specified, look on the filing instructions for your return.  It will tell you the debit date the IRS or State will deduct the payment.  If you did not print them out you can view them using the following steps: 

TurboTax Online 

To get back into your return after printing or e-filing, please follow these steps: 

1. In TurboTax Online, sign into your account. 

2. You should be on your Tax Home page. 

3. Scroll down to Your tax returns & documents. 

4. Select 2020, and then select Add a State (you're not actually adding a state, this just gets you into the right menu). 

5. Once you're in your return, you can navigate around as usual. 

6. Click Tax Tools (in the black bar on the left of your screen) and then click select Print Center. 

7. Click Print, save or preview this year's return 

TurboTax CD/Download 

1. Go into Forms Mode by clicking on the Forms icon in the top right of the blue bar.   

2. In the Forms in My Return list on the left, click Filing Inst.  [It's usually toward the bottom of the list.]  The form will appear on the right side of the screen. 

3. You can view the form on the screen or you can print a copy by clicking the Print box at the bottom of the screen. 

4. To return to the interview, click on the Step-By-Step icon in the top right of the blue bar.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Paying

How can I check in Turbotax the date that I requested State Tax payment to be withdrawn from my checking account?  Got it

Paying

@DonAng061198 wrote:

How can I check in Turbotax the date that I requested State Tax payment to be withdrawn from my checking account?

How you chose to pay the state taxes owed and the date of payment will be on the State Filing Instructions page using Print Center with the option for all worksheets to view/print/save your tax return.

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

Manage cookies