Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mes4543

My turbo Visa card arrived today in mail with $0 . When will its release funds into said card. Thank you.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

My turbo Visa card arrived today in mail with $0 . When will its release funds into said card. Thank you.

When will my refund be deposited to my Turbo® Visa® Debit Card?

Once the IRS accepts your tax return, it usually issues refunds within 21 days. The IRS won't start accepting e-filed tax returns until late January. To learn more and for the most up-to-date info from the IRS, visit www.irs.gov/refunds. For information about your state refund, contact your state Department of Revenue.

Remember: You must activate your Turbo® Visa® Debit Card to access the tax refund money that was deposited to it.

Access to refunds may be delayed and/or blocked as a precaution to the rare, but possible, risk of refund-related fraud. If this happens, we may ask you to provide some additional information, including uploading legible ID documents.

The Turbo Visa Debit Card is provided by Green Dot Corporation and is issued by Green Dot Bank pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A Inc. Green Dot Corporation is a member service provider for Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation. Intuit and Turbo are trademarks and/or service marks of Intuit Inc.

Green Dot Bank operates under the following registered trade names: GoBank, Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank. All of these registered trade names are used by, and refer to, a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank. Deposits under any of these trade names are deposits with Green Dot Bank and are aggregated for deposit insurance coverage.

© 2020 Green Dot Corporation

I received mine today and followed directions to log in and activate? Showing nothing on online as far as balance ?

Until the IRS releases the refund to be put on the card the balance will be zero.  

Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

I’ve never had one of these cards before so I did in fact receive an email stating my Federal Income Taxes were approved. Tennessee doesn’t have state income tax. I received the card in mail yesterday and did what the letter said to activate it. But, when logged in to it says 0 balance? Just doesn’t make since why they would send me a 0 balance on the card? How will the IRS know to put my return on the card? They made it seem I could start using it immediately after activating the card? @Critter

so lost LoL 😂 

Kelly

I read the pages below I think I understand now. Still weird Turbo Tax would word it’s as if you can start using as soon as you receive ur approval and card? I saw where it says to go to the webpage of the bank to link card to account? Do I need to do that? 

thanks 😊 Kelly 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies