Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

My taxes were not received by turbo tax for 3 years how do I get my money back

pretty simple statement, really..
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

Since TurboTax does not receive any type of tax refund, federal or state, you statement is not that simple.

Please explain in detail exactly what you meant concerning the last 3 tax years and what you meant by getting your money back.

Okat The IRS did not receive my federal taxes for years 2017, 2018 and 2019 that I filed with Turbo Tax.  How do I get my filing money back for those 3 years

Not "simple"  at all.    What do you mean?   Did you file tax returns that were accepted for those years?   Did you receive the refunds or did you owe tax for those years?   Have you received a letter from the IRS about the tax returns?   

TurboTax does not receive your refunds.   If your returns were accepted by the IRS your refunds were either sent directly to you or went through a third party bank if you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund.  Why has it taken three years for you ask about this?

Check your online account (s) for those years.   Does it say your return was accepted?   If it says something else--like "rejected," "printed," or "ready to mail" it means your return was not filed at all unless you put it in an envelope and took it to a mailbox yourself.

If you discover that your returns were not actually filed, then print, sign and mail them now.   Your 2017 return must be filed by April 15, 2021 or you will forfeit your refund.  Mail each tax year in its own envelope.  Do not combine them in any way.

If your account(s) say that your returns were accepted, and you were having fees deducted, then check with the third party bank.

Your tax refund was not sent to TurboTax.   TurboTax does not handle your refund at all.

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

If you were not having fees deducted but your returns were accepted, then you need to follow up with the IRS (and state) to see what happened to your refunds.

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/state-taxes/help/how-do-i-contact-my-state-department-of-revenue/0...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

@heidi9728 wrote:

Okat The IRS did not receive my federal taxes for years 2017, 2018 and 2019 that I filed with Turbo Tax.  How do I get my filing money back for those 3 years

When you e-file a tax return using TurboTax you are required to enter a valid email address so that you can be notified about the status of the tax return.  There is also an option to enter a phone number to receive text messages.  Additionally, on your TurboTax account the status of the tax return is also displayed.

Assuming that you used the TurboTax online editions to file your tax returns, sign onto your online account using the exact same User ID that you used to create and file the tax returns.  There will be a status of the tax return displayed.  What is the status of each tax return?  Accepted, Rejected, Printed, Ready to mail, etc.?

Hello, thanks for your reply.  I paid money for Turbo Tax to file my taxes.  Those fees I would like refunded.  I have a letter from the IRS saying they did not get them.  Turbo Tax does give me the dates when they were "accepted" by the IRS.  I believe the IRS, naturally.  So who do I talk to about the refund of filing fees charged me for those 3 years.

@heidi9728 wrote:

Hello, thanks for your reply.  I paid money for Turbo Tax to file my taxes.  Those fees I would like refunded.  I have a letter from the IRS saying they did not get them.  Turbo Tax does give me the dates when they were "accepted" by the IRS.  I believe the IRS, naturally.  So who do I talk to about the refund of filing fees charged me for those 3 years.

If the tax returns were Accepted that is the information that TurboTax received directly from the IRS.  The issue is with the IRS but you will have to print and mail those tax returns to the IRS.

To access your prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

A prior year tax return can only be printed and mailed, it cannot be e-filed.

Print, sign, date and mail the tax return to the IRS.  Include with the mailed return any forms W-2 and 1099 which have taxes withheld.  Go to this IRS website for mailing addresses - https://www.irs.gov/filing/where-to-file-paper-tax-returns-with-or-without-a-payment

Use a separate envelope for each tax year being mailed.

There are no penalties for filing a tax return after the due date if filing for a tax refund or there are no taxes owed.

You must contact TurboTax support for any Billing Issue -

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/

Or -

Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

Or -

Use this phone number and select TurboTax - 1-800-4-INTUIT (1-800-446-8848)

Okay do you really want me to tell the IRS that the issue is with them?  How far do you think I'll get with that?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies