turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My background screen is black and I can barely read the text. How can I change the background to white like previous years?

Windows screen is blue but turbo tax screen is black. How do you change the turbo tax screen?

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

My background screen is black and I can barely read the text. How can I change the background to white like previous years?

Help with screen troubleshooting assistance has been provided by clicking here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
deedee662

My background is so dark I can not read turbo tax.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Are you using an app? That sounds like its the settings on your device that need to be adjusted. 

Hank67

How can I change the background color

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

If you are on a mobile device then you would need to adjust your settings; for example mobile devices have dark and light modes. If you provide us with more details in terms of your device then we may better assist @Hank67.

klingy2

Re: My background screen is black and I can barely read the text. How can I change the background to white like previous years?

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

This is not a TurboTax program related question.  In Windows, go to Settings / System / Display/ Brightness and color

Turbo tax has black screen.  How do I change to White?

This is not a TurboTax program related question.  In Windows, go to Settings / System / Display/ Brightness and color to make the change. 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you altered your background on your computer and it's no longer in the default, white screen mode, you will have to change your settings back to view TurboTax better. This is not a TurboTax program related question, but you can go to Windows and then Settings to change the brightness and color you see. 

How do I get a white screen that I can easily read?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Please see the above post from @Critter-3

This is not a TurboTax program related question.  In Windows, go to Settings / System / Display/ Brightness and color to make the change.

@EdHarriet76

Background screen black to point can’t read 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the suggestion above thread from Critter-3.

@pmfish

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies