turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

patrick_pina  

I'll assume you are talking about a Federal return since you mentioned IRS. You mention both your governor and the President, so it's a bit confusing.  A governor won't have anything to do with a Federal return.

Try DoninGA's suggestion above to contact the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service.  They are especially prone to help if you have an economic hardship, so stress that when you talk to them.

That office can probably help you (hopefully), but if you can't get help from them, contact the national or district office of your US Congressman/woman (Representative).  

patrick_pina
Returning Member

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Thanks on you're response. Appreciate..

Have a blessed day 

Try TAS but be aware its ability to help may be limited. see the following

https://www.taxpayeradvocate.irs.gov/news/tas-ability-to-help-with-delayed-refunds-is-limited/ 

Thank you

So apparently IRS is behind/ backlogged. Short staff. So millions are having to wait for our Money.  They sure do have a lot of time to send my daughter two letters stating she owes Irs $141 dollars. I’m sure they have time to send letters to many others that owe taxes. Why do we get charged interest . Irs should have to pay us interest for having to wait. Ridiculous 

They do add on interest to refunds.  So watch for it.  The interest will be taxable on next year's return.   

@Mesamonica6 Actually the IRS will pay interest on your refund if you have been waiting, so you will either see a higher refund amount when it is issued or you might receive a separate payment for the interest once they finish processing your tax return.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

What number do you call to get a live person to help you?

@Hubcap Calling the IRS is very difficult.   They only answer a small percent of the calls made to them.  And even if you get through they will be unlikely to have any specific information about your refund.  

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
Morenojj

I filed my taxes on February 15th but have not received anything yet what do I need to get my return 

@Morenojj wrote:

I filed my taxes on February 15th but have not received anything yet what do I need to get my return 

Did you e-file your tax return and was it accepted?
Only the IRS and your State control when and if a Federal or State tax refund is Approved and Issued.

You complete your tax return by finishing all 3 Steps in the File section. In Step 3, to e-file your tax return, you must click on the large Orange button labeled "Transmit my returns now".

After completing the File section and e-filing your tax return you will receive two emails from TurboTax. The first email when your tax return was transmitted and the second email when the tax return has either been accepted or rejected.

Note - Once a tax return has been Accepted by the IRS or a State, TurboTax receives no further information concerning the tax return or the status of any tax refund.  Only the taxpayer listed on the tax return can obtain the status of a tax refund or a tax return.

To check the status of an e-filed return, open up your desktop product or log into your TurboTax Online Account. You can find your status within the TurboTax product.
If accepted by the IRS use the federal tax refund website to check the refund status - https://www.irs.gov/refunds
If accepted by the state use this TurboTax support FAQ to check the state tax refund status - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

Punky7770

My return said still being processed, even after I received it in September of 2020. But I got the full amount that was on my return.

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Once your tax return is accepted by the IRS they are in charge of next steps moving forward. Here is some information that may help explain the process better.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
TGomez1
Returning Member

I filled on 1-8-22 I'm hoping I will be receiving my refund around the 1st of March they have been saying they won't be issuing payments w credits until then.

Mine is saying the same thing and the bars have disappeared.  Try calling them it’s been well over 21 days they can explain what is going on

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies