Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My Turbo Tax says my return has been accepted, but the IRS website says it hasn't been? Is this normal?

Honestly, what is the point of this forum if tax employees are just going to parrot the same cookie cutter responses that don’t actually help. So useless. 

Vzgrif1

My Turbo Tax says my return has been accepted, but the IRS website says it hasn't been? Is this normal?

Why haven't I received my tax refund yet even though it was submitted 2/25/2021.  I was told it would take no more than 21 days to receive my check from the IRS.  Why is it taking so long?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/taxes/the-irs-is-behind-in-processing-nearly-7-million-tax-returns-s...

TurboTax gives you an estimated date for receiving your refund based on a 21 day average from your date of acceptance, but it can take longer.  “21 days”  is not a promise from TurboTax or the IRS.   Many refunds are taking longer during the pandemic.  The IRS is backlogged —-they are still trying to process millions of 2019 returns; they received millions of e-filed on the day they opened for 2020 returns, and now they are burdened with sending out another round of stimulus checks.   

Some delays are resulting from incorrect amounts that folks entered for stimulus checks they received.   Many people have been confused by the recovery rebate credit and completed it incorrectly.  The IRS may delay your refund while they cross-check to see what you received.

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control.  TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 34of your 2020 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

To track your state refund:    

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1901548-why-do-some-refunds-take-longer-than-others

If you chose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund, that will take some extra time, while the third party bank handles the refund processing.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2840013-does-accepted-mean-my-refund-is-approved

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2724106-my-return-is-accepted-but-still-not-approved-is-there-a-pr...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I have received my New York State but not my federal what is the issue

1E415132-AAC2-4F92-AC05-70A0A21AE117.png

Turbo tax: Federal refund accepted: 02/15/2021. I filled as fast as I could so that the 3rd stimulus would hit my new account instead of being mailed like the second one…

4F684940-207E-4070-A3E3-3C9C937A69F3.png

March 15, 2021 ( right before the 3rd stimulus goes out. Oh and the irs on the get my refund status page keeps telling me my info is wrong online and on the phone

.. but it’s exactly what my filled documents said. 

March 17, 2021 (I think the day the supposedly released the money to the public) Irs website says 3rd stimulus was sent to the old account AGAIN A WHOLE MONTH LATER AFTER I FILED MY TAXES (02/15/21). So I guess they lied, said news quotes above this paragraph… OH AND ONCE AGAIN WAY PAST 21 DAYS AFTER ACCEPTANCE…. The irs and “TURBO TAX” that  “WORKED TOGETHER” for the 3rd stimulus info still hasn’t acted like I existed/filed on the irs website for taxes….. 

Below is turbo taxes out come working with their best friend the irs. Guess they lied so their phones wouldn’t ring for 2 days. also (March 17th)

B802E370-8418-4C34-A3D1-C71C58E82E2A.png

April 2nd 2021. I can finally see my tax refund on the irs where’s my refund page. But it says they just received it…. (Scroll to the top of my rant if you don’t remember what good ole turbo tax said) so I guess I’m stuck waiting another “21 days”. correct if I’m wrong turbo tax isn’t new? And I’m sure this ain’t the first year they work with the it’s?? Also correct me if I’m wrong the irs will come after you if you don’t pay them by their chosen set date. Yet they can’t pay us on the time frame they set for us. Prices on everything is going up because of the stimulus checks. But our pay isn’t going up… I really don’t think now is the time to be messing with America… y’all are putting people in financial hardships and some of these companies aren’t working with people because they think we hit the light at the end of the tunnel. Cars are being repossessed and now people can be evicted like normal but not all work establishments are allowed to work normal. Some still trying to catch back up. UNITED STATES OF AMERICA… say it again slowly. Don’t sound right when the restrictions and laws are all different in each state…. Sound pretty  decided. Not everyone can go back to work. Some don’t have the chance to travel to a job that can afford to hire more. Well maybe they did but it was repossessed or some crap… WHERE IS OUR MONEY!!! A lot of us came back to y’all thinking y’all knew what you were doing. PRICES ARE GOING UP IN EVERY AND YOUR SCREWING WITH AMERICAS HEAD, HEARTS, AND HOP FOR ANY OUT COME OF THIS.We didn’t get to decide when companies decided to just start charging us again or slamming that built up bill They polled up in our laps. BTW  MOST DOUBLED UP BILLS SLAPPED EVERY AMERICAN THE DAY THEY WERE ALLOWED  START BACK WORK! IM sure the homeless rate skyrocketed. “Stay safe at home while we force the entire county to drop down a financial class just so more are forced out to get sick.”   People are still behind give what you promise your going to do or shut down. This so called Tax Company… just learned that… Oh we were supposed to actually send the irs our customers tax paperwork? not just hold it? We we not supposed to act like the irs is our friend and lie about acceptance date just so people give us their money and stay happy till we are ready to actually work?” 
THEY ACT LIKE THIS JUST STARTED YESTERDAY! WHERE IS MY MONEYYYYYYY. WE HAVE CARS THAT CAN DRIVE THEMSELVES BUT A GOVERNMENT THAT CANT KEEP TRACK OF WHAT THEY OWE PEOPLE JUST WHAT WE OWE THEM. I think everyone can agree when I say Give me my money!

jL7robinson
Returning Member

My 2020 tax refund says its done i get certain return . Waiting for my 2nd an 3rd stimulus checks do I have to file 2019. I did 2018..an 2020..but it Says that I had to print and send in mail an I did that 02/18/2021...need to know status please 

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

@jL7robinson You don't need to file a 2019 tax return to get your stimulus checks if you filed a 2020 tax return.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@jL7robinson  

When you filed the 2020 return you should have indicated that you did not get the second stimulus payment  so if you are eligible for the credit on your 2020 return the allowed amount would have been on line 30 of the form 1040.   If you messed up the IRS may catch the error for you ... wait until you get the original refund check before taking any more action. 

My tax return was accepted on the 3/09/2021 but it had been 21 days from now. I haven’t received it at all. When I check on the irs site “where is my refund” it says it’s processing. What is the hold up and why is turbo tax and irs saying two different things ? 

TT can only tell you the IRS accepted your return FOR PROCESSING.    How long the IRS will take to process the return is up to them. 

TurboTax gives you an estimated date for receiving your refund based on a 21 day average from your date of acceptance, but it can take longer.  “21 days”  is not a promise from TurboTax or the IRS.   Many refunds are taking longer during the pandemic.  The IRS is backlogged —-they are still trying to process millions of 2019 returns; they received millions of e-filed on the day they opened for 2020 returns, and now they are burdened with sending out another round of stimulus checks.   

Some delays are resulting from incorrect amounts that folks entered for stimulus checks they received.   Many people have been confused by the recovery rebate credit and completed it incorrectly.  The IRS may delay your refund while they cross-check to see what you received.

Once your federal return has been accepted by the IRS, only the IRS has any control.  TurboTax does not receive any u

First, check your e-file status to see if your return was accepted: 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/pdates from the IRS. Your ONLY source of information about your refund now is the IRS.

You need your filing status, your Social Security number and the exact amount  (line 34of your 2020 Form 1040) of your federal refund to track your Federal refund:   

Lindellwilson
Returning Member

Why is it taking so long to get my taxes back is something wrong can they send me a letter or email something it would be nice they accept it on feb 16th have not gotten any information yet

Lindellwilson
Returning Member

Hello somebody 

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

Have you checked your status here: TurboTax and IRS ?

Although the IRS has processed and issued most refunds from e-filed returns around 21 days, because of the pileup caused by Covid, CARES Act, stimulus and the American Rescue Plan Act, some of the returns will require more time to review. 

You might want to contact the IRS here:  https://www.irs.gov/help/telephone-assistance  or IRS.

@Lindellwilson

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

@Lindellwilson  

LOL... the IRS doesn't have time to process the returns or answer their phones  as it is so now you want them to take time to send emails/snail mails to  millions of taxpayers to alert them that their return is going to take longer to process.  Not sure how that would speed up the process system.

If you want something done YELL at your congress person and get them to stop the madness of changing things right before and during an active tax season  and while you are at it DEMAND they fund the IRS properly so they can hire more help and upgrade their computer systems so they can do their job better.  

IRS accepted my turbo tax return Feb 12, 2021 and are showing processing for 10 weeks plus. This is not normal.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies