turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

It says my refund has been sent to be deposited in my account but it has not hit my account yet

It can take up to 5 business days excluding weekends and holidays for your refund to reach your financial institution.

You can see this and answers to other questions on the IRS FAQ page.     

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It says my refund has been sent to be deposited in my account but it has not hit my account yet

@ Babymanda1 wrote:

My refund was sent on the 8th today is the 13th the deadline and when I called the bank they don't have my application so what's going on are they going to send me a paper check 

So the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool says it was sent on April 8?

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

If so, there may be another link in the chain that you can check in the meantime if you used the following service:

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of the Federal refund?  If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card) in a second direct deposit.    If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, here's how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG).

If you used that method to pay fees, go to the page at the link below and choose the Taxpayer portal.  Then you can use the SBTPG tool to check on your refund.

https://www.sbtpg.com/

NOTE:  If you did NOT use that method to pay fees, then none of the above about SBTPG applies to you.

JGardner66
Returning Member

Question was answered in another reply.

vanvy2002

I called my bank. They said I have to call irs. How can I call irs? 

vanvy2002

It says my refund was sent to my bank, but not showed up yet after 10 days. I do not use my refund for anything. I called my bank, they said I have to call irs. How can I call irs?

@vanvy2002 wrote:

It says my refund was sent to my bank, but not showed up yet after 10 days. I do not use my refund for anything. I called my bank, they said I have to call irs. How can I call irs?

You said: "It says..."

What is the "it?"   Is it the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool?

If so, did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of your Federal refund or a refund advance?  

If you chose to pay fees out of the refund, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG).

If that's your situation, the you can log into the SBTPG refund lookup tool.  Choose the taxpayer portal at:
https://www.sbtpg.com/

SBTPG has a phone contact page at the following link. It also shows their business hours.  Even when they are closed, you may be able to get automated info, or you can log in as above.

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information

Hi my significant other has got the response that is check hit his direct deposit Wednesday, April 15th but it’s not in our account. We have done contacted our bank. I even called them today and they said that they don’t see anything pending or in the process for it to be in our account. What’s the next thing I need to do to figure out why the check still isn’t in our account?

@Kcompton1216 wrote:

Hi my significant other has got the response that is check hit his direct deposit Wednesday, April 15th but it’s not in our account. We have done contacted our bank. I even called them today and they said that they don’t see anything pending or in the process for it to be in our account. What’s the next thing I need to do to figure out why the check still isn’t in our account?

What do you mean by "has got the response that his check hit his direct deposit?"

•  Got a response from who/what/where? 
  • What kind of deposit--is this a Federal tax refund for his 2019 Federal tax return?  
  • If so, does this IRS "Where's My Refund" tool say his Federal tax refund has been sent?
    https://www.irs.gov/refunds

You said "his" direct deposit then said "our" account.  Is his name listed on the bank account?  i.e., is it a joint bank account in both names?

When he filed his return, did he have any TurboTax fees that he chose to pay out of his Federal refund or a refund advance?  

If he chose to pay any TurboTax product fees out of his Federal refund, the Federal tax refund goes first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to his bank (or card.)   If he used that method to pay fees, we can tell you how to check on a Federal tax refund at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG).

Sorry I should have been more clear in what I was saying. It’s for the stimulus check we got our tax return already. The information was from the irs on their website. It said that it was direct deposited into our account he 15th (yes, we have a shared banking account) for 2019 he claimed me and our child (that was born that year).  In 2018 I filed myself. He also has another child with his ex wife(she gets child support) (he is a little behind on child support). We are in contact with the ex wife she said she hasn’t resided anything from his( but she did revive hers, she claimed his other child).  He has contacted child support and they said that they don’t have his check. As well as our bank when we contacted them The lady from the bank checked to see if maybe it was pending and she said that there wasn’t anything for our account regarding the stimulus check. 

No he didn’t have anything that he need to pay back for taxes as well. 

@ Kcompton1216 wrote:

Sorry I should have been more clear in what I was saying. It’s for the stimulus check we got our tax return already. The information was from the irs on their website. It said that it was direct deposited into our account he 15th (yes, we have a shared banking account) for 2019 he claimed me and our child (that was born that year).  In 2018 I filed myself. He also has another child with his ex wife(she gets child support) (he is a little behind on child support). We are in contact with the ex wife she said she hasn’t resided anything from his( but she did revive hers, she claimed his other child).  He has contacted child support and they said that they don’t have his check. As well as our bank when we contacted them The lady from the bank checked to see if maybe it was pending and she said that there wasn’t anything for our account regarding the stimulus check.

No he didn’t have anything that he need to pay back for taxes as well. 

You've posted in a thread topic that is about Federal tax refunds.  I can't help you much with any stimulus issues, but I can tell you a possibility.    I'm a fellow user and won't address any of the child issues, other than to say that the IRS can offset a stimulus for child support.

The IRS should send the stimulus funds to the deposit account listed on his 2018 or 2019 tax return, whether that is a bank or a debit card.   I've never used that stimulus tool and don't know what all it shows.  But if it showed you the last 4 numbers of the deposit account, for instance, did he recognize it as being your account?

If he doesn't recognize the account (if shown), here's a possibility.  When he filed a TurboTax return for 2018 or 2019, did he choose to pay any TurboTax fees out of his Federal refund?   If so, that would have used a temporary intermediary bank account in the process to first receive the Federal refund and pay the fees.  Then that intermediary bank would have sent the rest of the Federal refund to his bank and then closed the temporary account.

If that method was used to receive a Federal refund in 2018 or 2019, then it may be the temporary intermediary bank account that the IRS would have on record and thus may have sent the stimulus deposit to.    If that's what happened, I "think" that intermediary company (SBTPG) will receive the deposit at their bank, and since the temporary account is closed, would send it back to the IRS, who would issue a check in the mail to the latest address in his IRS file.

It's my understanding that the IRS is sending every stimulus recipient a letter in postal mail about 2 weeks after the stimulus payment with more details on their payment, including the amount and how and where they made the payment, so that people will know what happened to it.

If he DID use that method to pay TurboTax fees when he filed a tax return, you can phone the intermediary company SBTPG, to see if what I suggested as a possibility above is indeed the way they are handling it in that scenario.  They may also be able to tell you if they received his stimulus payment and sent it back to the IRS.

The link below has their phone number and support hours:

Actually it says on get my payment that my check was scheduled for deposit on April 22.  It’s May and have not received it. I contacted my financial institution. They have not received it. And yes I spoke with ach accounting department 

Obviously nobody on here knows what they are talking about .. hundreds of people have refund sent or payment scheduled to be deposited on a certain day and weeks later still no deposit. And we are not stupid we have contacted our financial institutions and we have spoken to ach department.  Yet everyone here says the same thing 3-5 days and contact your bank.    Well I’ve contacted my bank 5 times. And it’s been 3 weeks.  And hundreds of people are having the same problem. I wish someone credible would give a proper solution or at least a number to call 

Obviously nobody on here knows what they are talking about .. hundreds of people have refund sent or payment scheduled to be deposited on a certain day and weeks later still no deposit. And we are not stupid we have contacted our financial institutions and we have spoken to ach department.  Yet everyone here says the same thing 3-5 days and contact your bank.    Well I’ve contacted my bank 5 times. And it’s been 3 weeks.  And hundreds of people are having the same problem. I wish someone credible would give a proper solution or at least a number to call 

Get my payment website.  

@ Rodrick1717 wrote:

Actually it says on get my payment that my check was scheduled for deposit on April 22.  It’s May and have not received it. I contacted my financial institution. They have not received it. And yes I spoke with ach accounting department 

Since you referred to "Get My Payment", I presume you are posting about an expected stimulus payment and not a Federal tax refund.

No one is going to know anything about your particular situation in a user community forum.   However, there are some things you can check.   Are you sure your stimulus payment is going directly from the IRS to your bank?  Did you recognize your account number when you checked the info at the "Get My Payment" tool?

Or is it this:

Did you on your 2018 or 2019 return choose to pay any TurboTax fees out of your Federal refund?  If so, that process uses a temporary bank account at an intermediary bank.  If the IRS sent your stimulus payment to that same intermediary bank account you used before to pay your fees, that account would now be closed, so the company handling that (SBTPG) likely sent it back to the IRS, who would issue you a check in the mail.

If you DID use that method to pay TurboTax fees when you filed a tax return, you can phone the intermediary company SBTPG, to see if that is indeed the way they are handling a stimulus payment in that scenario.  They may also be able to tell you if they received your stimulus payment and sent it back to the IRS.

The link below has their phone number and support hours:

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies