After you file

@ Kcompton1216 wrote:

Sorry I should have been more clear in what I was saying. It’s for the stimulus check we got our tax return already. The information was from the irs on their website. It said that it was direct deposited into our account he 15th (yes, we have a shared banking account) for 2019 he claimed me and our child (that was born that year).  In 2018 I filed myself. He also has another child with his ex wife(she gets child support) (he is a little behind on child support). We are in contact with the ex wife she said she hasn’t resided anything from his( but she did revive hers, she claimed his other child).  He has contacted child support and they said that they don’t have his check. As well as our bank when we contacted them The lady from the bank checked to see if maybe it was pending and she said that there wasn’t anything for our account regarding the stimulus check.

No he didn’t have anything that he need to pay back for taxes as well. 

You've posted in a thread topic that is about Federal tax refunds.  I can't help you much with any stimulus issues, but I can tell you a possibility.    I'm a fellow user and won't address any of the child issues, other than to say that the IRS can offset a stimulus for child support.

The IRS should send the stimulus funds to the deposit account listed on his 2018 or 2019 tax return, whether that is a bank or a debit card.   I've never used that stimulus tool and don't know what all it shows.  But if it showed you the last 4 numbers of the deposit account, for instance, did he recognize it as being your account?

If he doesn't recognize the account (if shown), here's a possibility.  When he filed a TurboTax return for 2018 or 2019, did he choose to pay any TurboTax fees out of his Federal refund?   If so, that would have used a temporary intermediary bank account in the process to first receive the Federal refund and pay the fees.  Then that intermediary bank would have sent the rest of the Federal refund to his bank and then closed the temporary account.

If that method was used to receive a Federal refund in 2018 or 2019, then it may be the temporary intermediary bank account that the IRS would have on record and thus may have sent the stimulus deposit to.    If that's what happened, I "think" that intermediary company (SBTPG) will receive the deposit at their bank, and since the temporary account is closed, would send it back to the IRS, who would issue a check in the mail to the latest address in his IRS file.

It's my understanding that the IRS is sending every stimulus recipient a letter in postal mail about 2 weeks after the stimulus payment with more details on their payment, including the amount and how and where they made the payment, so that people will know what happened to it.

If he DID use that method to pay TurboTax fees when he filed a tax return, you can phone the intermediary company SBTPG, to see if what I suggested as a possibility above is indeed the way they are handling it in that scenario.  They may also be able to tell you if they received his stimulus payment and sent it back to the IRS.

The link below has their phone number and support hours:

https://help.sbtpg.com/hc/en-us/articles/230084587-Contact-Information