Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

IRS Refund Status says "We cannot provide any information about your refund"

That tool has been changed over to the 2021 tax year so you will no longer get updates on the 2020 return. 

Check your account transcripts instead :  

https://www.irs.gov/payments/your-online-account

If it has been shown up to now on the refund site then you know the IRS has your return and they are working on it.   

To call the IRS:IRS:  800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

Listen to each menu before making the selection.

First choose your language. Press 1 for English.

Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.

Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".

Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  

Then press 3 "for all other questions."

Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

TAX ADVOCATE

At the following IRS website, find the USA map and click on your state, and it will give you the number of your area's IRS Taxpayer Advocate.

http://www.irs.gov/uac/Contact-a-Local-Taxpayer-Advocate

Also see this article for more info on how the Taxpayer Advocate Service works::
http://www.irs.gov/taxtopics/tc104.html

This was so helpful, especially in connecting me to a real person on the phone. Thank you so much!

Em82
Returning Member

Having same issue. In mid December it said should be issued in 21 days, now no info can be found and to check my social and refund amount

Vanessa A
Expert Alumni

You will need to contact the IRS at 800-829-1040 for information.  They are the only ones who will be able to tell you what is happening with your refund. 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Jalayahsmom
Returning Member

My refund said it was accepted now its saying that they cannot provide information 

This is actually normal for that tool ... as the return goes  thru the different stages of processing your return's progress can be unavailable from time to time ... this is nothing to be worried about ... just check again in a couple of days. 

Having same issue as others. Called IRS. Was told by automated service that they call volume it too high to take my call and try back another day. So really no way of finding out.

did they help you or tell you why the Where's My Refund tool doesn't provide any information?

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Here is some great information for contacting the IRS if you need assistance. Their contact information can be found here, which does include their phone number. 

First, that is just the phone number. It doesn't tell you which menu selections you need to make to get an actual person. It's complicated and can take hours of going through the menu choices to find out how to get an actual person. TurboTax should spell this out better. Second, once you figure out which menu selections to use to get a real person you have to get lucky enough that call volume on that day is such that you are placed on hold and not told to call back another day after which you get disconnected. I can only imagine how long the wait time is if you're "lucky" enough to get that far!!

Em82
Returning Member

Never got a human in the phone is ridiculous. Apparently they are all busy

Em82
Returning Member

Try this hack to calling it got me to a post that should transfer you to a person. Just getting a person on the phone is difficult 

https://www.king5.com/article/money/your-money-your-future/talk-to-real-person-irs-stimulus-check/28...

only way to reach a person at its is call at 7 AM. if turbo tax says irs has your refund then it's correct. I am going thru the same ordeal. I FILED 2/07/22. it's says they received my return on 02/08/22. Still not showing anything on wheres my refund except " may have entered wrong info on 02/20/22.  it's told me because I FILED earned income credit and extra child credit they cannot start thosecexemptions until 02/16/22. Still I'd like to know when my $ will hit or if I can expect to be audited due to its checking for fraudulent exemption claims. 

@kjb207943 please update if uou ever get any infobon this topic! 

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

@Mikelsbug

Are you trying to get in touch with the IRS?  Try the below to get in touch with a live agent:

To call the IRS: 800-829-1040  hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Mon-Fri

• Listen to each menu before making the selection.
  • First choose your language. Press 1 for English.
  • Then do NOT choose the first choice re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
  • Instead, press 2 for "personal income tax".
  • Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".  
  • Then press 3 "for all other questions."
  • Then press 2 "for all other questions."  It should then transfer you to an agent.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies