turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

IRS Refund Status says "We cannot provide any information about your refund"

@MarielaArcos0211 did you get any info on this?  I cannot find ANYTHING  helpful 

williams360
Returning Member

Yes, it took 6 months, but they finally sent my refund in the form of a check to my house. I didn't have to do anything, it just took so long. 

I have never received a check before. It had always been automaticly deposited into my account.  I have never had a refund take longer than a few weeks.  I think my refund just got stuck somewhere. The only way to fund out what's going on with your refund is to call and talk to someone 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update and show the status. The 21 days is just an estimated time frame. The IRS began processing returns on 2/12, you may not find a record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated.

Since Turbo Tax will not have the status of your refund, continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

What does pending mean?

Please use this link to track your refund from the IRS.

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

NO POINT WASTING ONES EFFORT EVEN ATTEMPTING TO CALL IRS " UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES CONCERNING TAX REFUND UNTIL 21 DAYS AFTER IRS HAS ACCEPTED YOUR REFUND ". THEY KEEP TELLING ME I MUST CALL BACK WHEN IRS HAS HAD MY REFUND 21 DAYS EVEN THOUGH IRS WEBSITE SAYS THEY HAVE NO DATE RECIEVING MY INFO. SMH ALWAYS SOME BULL**bleep** WITH IRS. AT 6:59 AM IRS IS NOT OPEN !! AT 7:00AM IRS SAYS I HAVE A 4 MINUTE WAIT TO REACH AN EMPKOYEE, 2 HRS&45MINS LATER A EMPLOYEE ANSWERS MY CALL AND SAYS I MUST CALL BACK AFTER 21 DAYS

Direct from the IRS FAQs:  

How quickly will I get my refund?

We issue most refunds in less than 21 calendar days. However, it’s possible your tax return may require additional review and take longer. Where’s My Refund? has the most up to date information available about your refund.

It is taking the IRS more than 21 days to issue refunds for some 2020 tax returns that require review including incorrect Recovery Rebate Credit amounts, or that used 2019 income to figure the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) and Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC).

I’m counting on my refund for something important. Can I expect to receive it in 21 days?

Many different factors can affect the timing of your refund after we receive your return. Even though we issue most refunds in less than 21 days, it’s possible your refund may take longer. Also, remember to take into consideration the time it takes for your financial institution to post the refund to your account or for you to receive it by mail.

It's been longer than 21 days since the IRS received my return and I haven’t gotten my refund. Why?

Some tax returns take longer to process than others for many reasons, including when a return:

• Includes errors, such as incorrect Recovery Rebate Credit
  • Is incomplete
  • Needs further review in general
  • Is affected by identity theft or fraud
  • Includes a claim filed for an Earned Income Tax Credit or an Additional Child Tax Credit. See Q&A below.
  • Includes a Form 8379, Injured Spouse Allocation PDF, which could take up to 14 weeks to process

For the latest information on IRS refund processing during the COVID-19 pandemic, see the IRS Operations Status page.

We will contact you by mail when (or if) we need more information to process your return. If we’re still processing your return or correcting an error, neither Where’s My Refund? or our phone representatives will be able to provide you with your specific refund date. Please check Where’s My Refund? for updated information on your refund.

I claimed the Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC) or the Additional Child Tax Credit (ACTC) on my tax return. When can I expect my refund?

According to the Protecting Americans from Tax Hikes (PATH) Act, the IRS cannot issue EITC and ACTC refunds before mid-February. The IRS expects most EITC/Additional CTC related refunds to be available in taxpayer bank accounts or on debit cards by  March 1, if they chose direct deposit and there are no other issues with their tax return. However, some taxpayers may see their refunds a few days earlier. Check Where’s My Refund for your personalized refund date.

Where’s My Refund? on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go mobile app remains the best way to check the status of a refund. WMR on IRS.gov and the IRS2Go app will be updated with projected deposit dates for most early EITC/ACTC refund filers by February 19.

Will calling you help me get my refund any faster?

No. unless Where’s My Refund? directs you to call us, our representatives will not be able to provide any additional information.

If Where’s My Refund? says that we’re still processing your return, our representatives won’t be able to give you a specific refund date.

What information does Where’s My Refund? have?

Usually information on the most recent tax year refund we have on file for you.

Can I use Where’s My Refund? to check the status of a refund on a prior year return.

Where's My Refund? will usually display the status of your most recently filed tax return within the past two tax years.

For returns filed on or after July 1, refund information will remain available throughout the following year until you file a tax return for a more current tax year.

When can I start checking Where’s My Refund? for my refund’s status?

Twenty-four hours after we’ve received your electronically filed tax return or 4 weeks after you’ve mailed a paper tax return.

Will Where’s My Refund? show me when I’ll receive my refund?

Where’s My Refund? will give you a personalized date after we process your return and approve your refund.

Will ordering a transcript help me find out when I’ll get my refund?

A tax transcript will not help you find out when you’ll get your refund. The information transcripts have about your account does not necessarily reflect the amount or timing of your refund. They are best used to validate past income and tax filing status for mortgage, student and small business loan applications, and to help with tax preparation.

I’m a nonresident alien. I don’t have to pay U.S. federal income tax. How do I claim a refund for federal taxes withheld on income from a U.S. source? When can I expect to receive my refund?

To claim a refund of federal taxes withheld on income from a U.S. source, a nonresident alien must report the appropriate income and withholding amounts on Form 1040-NR, U.S. Nonresident Alien Income Tax Return PDF. You must include the documents substantiating any income and withholding amounts when you file your Form 1040NR. We need more than 21 days to process a 1040NR return. Please allow up to 6 months from the date you filed the 1040NR for your refund.

How will I know you’re processing my tax return?

Where’s My Refund? follows your tax return from receipt to completion. It will tell you when your return is in received status and if your refund is in approved or sent status.

What is happening when Where’s My Refund? shows my tax return status as received?

We have your tax return and are processing it.

What is happening when Where’s My Refund? shows my refund’s status as approved?

We’ve approved your refund. We are preparing to send your refund to your bank or directly to you in the mail. This status will tell you when we will send the refund to your bank (if you selected the direct deposit option). Please wait 5 days after we’ve sent the refund to check with your bank about your refund, since banks vary in how and when they credit funds. (It could take several weeks before you receive a mailed refund check.)

How long will it take for my status to change from return received to refund approved?

Sometimes a few days, but it could take longer.

Does Where’s My Refund? always display my refund status showing the different stages of return received, refund approved and refund sent?

No, not always. Sometimes, when we are still reviewing your return, instead, it will display instructions or an explanation of what we are doing.

Does Where’s My Refund? update often?

Once per day, usually at night. There’s no need to check more often.

I tried to efile with turbo tax then they said I had to mail my paperwork in and I have yet to see or hear anything about my refund and the irs website said contact your company you filed with and turbo tax gives me no information either..I will never use turbo tax again cause now the playing with my money

Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

If you mailed your return less than 4 weeks ago, you should wait 4 weeks before using the IRS Where's My Refund tool. If you used a return tracking service to mail your return to the IRS, you should be able to login to the carriers website with your tracking number to see if the IRS has received your tax return yet.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below for more information:

Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)?

"Ingrahamheather35"

Couldn't get through to a live person even trying these automated codes. You wait for hours and get disconnected. I got a copy of my transcript by mail. It says "Code 570: Additional account action pending 10-11-2021". I filled on 09-15-2021 (for tax year 2020). It's been 6 months! What else can I do?

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

You do not need to do anything other than continue to wait and promptly respond to any requests from the IRS. Please see When will I get my IRS tax refund? for more information.

@samzandt

TamiaMJ00

The information you provided was more helpful than the irs website . Thanks

Code 570 means your refund is blocked until the tax return is reviewed and the  issue is resolved by an IRS examiner.  Unfortunately, there are millions of tax returns for the examiners to look at.

"As of March 11, 2022, we had 7 million unprocessed individual returns."

l091989

We cannot provide any information about your refund. Be sure to: Verify your filing date and check with your tax preparer.

I’ve filed my taxes the same way for 8 years no changes and it’s going on 9 weeks and I can’t get a status update to save my life through the mail, Website, or speaking with a representative. I’ve used the TAX advocate line to get in the queue to speak with someone and nothing changes.

Triple242

Filed my taxes wednesday evening before the 18th of April.

The IRS is taking longer this year.  If your return was Accepted or mailed then check IRS Where's my refund
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/

When will you get your refund?
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

IRS - Questions about Refunds
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

bhphilly

I filed my taxes by mail 16 weeks ago...still no refund and the IRS refund tracker (online and phone) cannot provide any information about my refund.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies