turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Im entering info correctly on wheres my refund and it tells me my info is wrong n its not. What could be the problem

Thank you. I am using the most recent address on the tax return. Still says incorrect. I live in a house and for the Apt. # box it says PMB  ( private mailbox) Do I have to add that? Its not a PO Box so I am not sure why there is anything even written in that space. I'm tired of getting locked out and waiting 1 day and getting locked out again.

Im entering info correctly on wheres my refund and it tells me my info is wrong n its not. What could be the problem

I am seeing, "The information you entered does not match our records". I am putting in everything correctly. I looked at my return and entered it as I always do. SS# correct. DOB correct. mailing address correct.

Nope. Not resolved. I will try again today since I am once again for the second day locked out. Why isn't there an automated number to call to enter this information? UGH

Same thing happening here. All info correct but still says " The information you entered does not match our records. WTH?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This is normal. It can take anywhere from a few days to 3 weeks to update. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight.

What does pending mean. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/return-status/help/what-does-pending-mean/00/26331

Tax Season Refund Frequently Asked Questions https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Mailed my Return off on Jan 23rd. I have been able to check the status of it for the last couple of months and of course it was still processing but last week it started showing incorrect information when I know I am entering the same information I have been for the past few months. anyone ever get this figured out?

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

We have been getting intermittent reports of the Where's My Refund tool at the IRS generating errors after taxpayers were previously able to successfully locate their returns (as you  have.)  

You can try again later or you may also wish to try using a different browser or after clearing cookies in your current browser  - this has been known to resolve the issue for some taxpayers.  

The IRS has issued a statement that delays persist for paper filed returns as staffing is sill below the normal level and that continued delays are to be expected. 

They ask that taxpayers who have mailed in returns not call the IRS, as in  most cases they are not able to locate any data on the paper returns at this time. 

@montesbeehive

my return was filed early january & my return was accepted feb 9th. stop saying my info is incorrect & the automated is taking me the same... that theres “no information available” am i bring my money or what...

Anonymous
Not applicable

The IRS did not begin processing returns until February 12, 2021. Don't worry. The message you see could mean the IRS's website hasn't updated since you filed your return. If you get the message "We cannot provide any information about your refund", that doesn't mean something's wrong.  Please see the Turbo Tax FAQ below for more information regarding the  Where's my refund message.

When will I be able to amend my return first it said 2/26/2021 now the date changed to 3/25/2021. Why don't yall incorporate a cancel button when someone submitted a return like credit karma. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

To amend your return, wait to see if your return has been accepted or rejected by the IRS or state. If rejected, you can correct and re-send your return. If accepted you should wait until your return has been processed and you receive your refund or confirmation that any tax due has been paid. If you file an amended return while your first return is being processed it can cause extended delays for both returns if two returns are in the system at the same time. In addition, if the IRS makes any change on your original return, you might end up having to amend the amendment. Amended returns can only be mailed - allow 8-12 weeks - can take up to 16 weeks (4 months) for processing.

This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to amend your return. How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed.

How to amend.

I forgot to include my 1099-G and I'm suppose to get a refund on that, my return has already been proceed and accepted I should be getting it on the 25th but the amendment form said it was going to be available on feb 26th but now it's saying the 25th of March why is that? 

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@muqueetz Forms can take some time to program for a variety of reasons, including that some of the forms the 1040x would be addressing may not be finalized just yet.

To avoid any other errors, it is recommended that before amending your return, that you make sure that your originally filed return is not just accepted but is fully processed. 

I am having the same issue problem is yesterday I was able to see it and today I am getting that error message. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

If you e-filed, make sure the return was e-filed successfully and accepted:

• Re-check your e-file status 

Make sure to enter the federal refund amount without the state refund, less any TurboTax fees if you chose to pay any fees out of the refund.

• If you are married filing jointly try using the Social Security Number for the name that appears first on the return. 

If you have already tried the above on the IRS WMR website, you can check the status of your refund by calling the IRS Refund Hotline at 800-829-1954. 

Please check Why is there no record of my return at Where's My Refund (WMR)? to learn more. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies