Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the Refund! >> Event happening NOW!!!!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

I was trying to track my refund using the app IRS2Go but i always get an error message and that my info i entered is invalid how is this possible i type it correctly?

Why is it saying error when I put my info in

I was trying to track my refund using the app IRS2Go but i always get an error message and that my info i entered is invalid how is this possible i type it correctly?

Every time I tried putting in my information for IRA2go it kept saying it was wrong and telling me to reenter my information.

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Instead of using the IRS2Go app, please try checking your refund status here: IRS refund tool.

@Adamfrelot

@JayquanBrown1

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Do you a how my direct deposit

IRS2Go and it keep say information is invalid 

Did you efile or mail your return? They just started processing mailed returns that have been stacking up..

If you efiled....Was your return Accepted? First double check your efile status here
https://turbotax.intuit.com/tax-tools/efile-status-lookup/

When you efile you get back 2 emails. The first email only confirms the transmission. The second email says if the IRS (or state) Accepted or Rejected your efile.

Then only the IRS can tell you. IRS Where's my refund https://www.irs.gov/refunds/
Make sure you are using the refund amount from your actual federal tax return and not the combined amount Turbo Tax showed you at the end. That was for federal and state combined.

When you log into your account you should also see the status and if it was Accepted or Rejected, Started, Printed, Ready to Mail, etc.  what does it say?

When will you get your refund,
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refund-status/help/when-will-i-get-my-irs-tax-refund/01/25589

its been accepted since february. Efile

Beckaacx

Hello did you figure out what happened? It’s happening to me as well. I was able to log in yesterday, it had showed me that it was In process but now it says my info does not match that there’s an error. Please let me know 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

You can track your return by clicking here

There are sometimes the site is at max capacity so it can give an error, you have to try at different times. 

KS261187
Returning Member

I have started seeing the same issue from yesterday. It was showing return received but suddenly it says no matching information found. Let me know, if you have any updates.

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

If there is no record of your return, or the system says the information is wrong, please make sure you are entering the correct social security number, filing status, and refund amount.

To verify your Social Security Number:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Social Security Number is shown on Page 1 in the upper right-hand corner.

To verify your refund amount:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 35a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 35a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 14a.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Refund Amount is shown on Line 14a.

To verify your filing status:

• If you filed a Form 1040, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040NR, the Filing Status is shown on the top of the form above your name and social security number.
  • If you filed a Form 1040PR, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1, Line 1.
  • If you filed a Form 1040SS, the Filing Status is shown on Page 1, Part 1, Line 1.

If you cannot track your refund on the IRS refund tool despite confirming your information is correct, please click here for some more tips.

KS261187
Returning Member

When i call the hotline, i am able to track the status but however i am not able to do the same through app or through their website. Not sure if i can rely on the hotline for the latest update. It was all working fine till yesterday.

Hey guys I feel everyone’s frustration. This is first time I e had this issue. Here’s website with calendar should get refund within date. https://thecollegeinvestor.com/840/when-to-expect-my-tax-refund/. Also try calling your bank see if deposit is pending sometimes they have it few days before hand. My best friend got her refund today. I posted mine earlier than hers. I also think sometimes depends on how slow the state you live in is working. My state taxes took longer to accept. I’m praying I get something this week if not grrr. Prayers for everyone.

Mine wAs accepted now says error retrieving info

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@patientadam73 This is normal. Until the IRS starts processing it on their own, you may not find record of it or the website may say that you have put in incorrect information when tracking your federal refund. As your return moves through the system, the status of it will be updated accordingly. Continue checking the Where’s My Federal Refund?  tool for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies