turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I need a copy of my 2020 tax return with the TurboTax header on it (as proof that I prepared my taxes through TurboTax). Does anyone know how to access this?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

84 Replies

I need a copy of my 2020 tax return with the TurboTax header on it (as proof that I prepared my taxes through TurboTax). Does anyone know how to access this?

There is no way to do that.  To whom do you need to give proof that you used TurboTax?  Your receipt for your payment to TurboTax will show that you paid for the software.  The emails that you received if you e-filed are also proof that you used the software.

There will a cover letter that says Turbo Tax.  Download the full pdf with all the forms and worksheets.

Here's an alternate way to print by opening the filed return back up to print at the Print Center, where you can also get the worksheets.

Log in and at the Tax Home or in the section Your Tax Returns & Documents for 2020, look for a link Add a State.  Click on Add a State.  (you don't really add one.  That's just to open your return back up.)

After the return is open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then PRINT CENTER.

Then choose Print, save, view this year's return.

The next screen should offer some options:  Just my tax returns or include government worksheets (optional), or include government and TurboTax worksheets (optional.)

But realize that Turbo Tax is a self prepared return.  Only you sign it.   What do you need it for?  Just preparing it with Turbo Tax doesn't mean you filed it.   

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

Your return's electronic filing status history records all e-filing activity related to the return, including the Electronic Postmark. You can print it out if needed. 

TurboTax Online

https://shop.turbotax.intuit.com/efile/efile_status_lookup.jsp  -- enter the Social Security number of the first taxpayer on the return and the ZIP code to retrieve your filing status history.

TurboTax CD/Download software

(Windows) From the TurboTax File menu, select Electronic Filing > Show Electronic Filing Status History.
(Mac) From the TurboTax File menu, select Check E-Filing Status.

This is exactly what I needed, thank you. Working with a financial institution that does not accept self-filed taxes unless they were completed with TurboTax. 

irs lost our return and need a new one sent to them.

Did the IRS ask you to send another one?  Or is the website saying Not Found?

How to Access prior year online returns
https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/00/270...

If you can't get the side menus to open up to access the prior year..... You need to start entering some basic Personal Info in 2021 for the side menu to open up. Just continue a little ways into 2021.

jeanriley

i need my tax return for 2020 to get my pin off of it

jeanriley

h r block

@jeanriley wrote:

i need my tax return for 2020 to get my pin off of it

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

For a fee of $43 you can get a complete federal tax return from the IRS by completing Form 4506 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

avondale432
Returning Member

I need a copy of my 2020 taxes .

Thanks

send to [email address removed]

Didn't the answer right above your post work for you?

earl7

Can you send me my filed copy of the 2020 tax return please?  please send to [email address removed]

@earl7 wrote:

Can you send me my filed copy of the 2020 tax return please?  please send to [email address removed]

TurboTax cannot mail or email your tax returns to you.  You can download a PDF of the tax returns yourself.

To access your prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the section Your tax returns & documents.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

Or go to this IRS website for free federal tax return transcripts - https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

For a fee of $43 you can get a complete federal tax return from the IRS by completing Form 4506 - http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

I am unable to download my 2020 return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies