turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

Its to bad this is not helpful im at work at 7a.m i start calling call 10 or more times during the day intil 7p.m and u can not get a live person to talk to 

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

What does "Your tax return is still being processed. A refund date will be provided when available." Exactly mean?

The IRS is experiencing a delay in processing returns. Until the IRS starts processing your return the Where's My Refund site may not have any information about your return or it may tell you that you haven't entered your information correctly.  As your return moves through the system the status will be updated accordingly. Keep checking the Where’s My Refund?  site for updates. The IRS updates the site daily, usually in the overnight hours. Also, make sure you are entering the exact amount of your tax return refund (not combined with your state refund), your tax return filing status, and your Social Security number when tracking your refund. If you previously had a status on Where's My Refund? check back later as high volume can cause an issue of the tracking site giving incorrect status results. You can also try calling the WMR Hotline at 800-829-1954 for updated status as well.

@amy00269

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Same to me, my fiancé’s was accepted February 25, and he already received the return.

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Each return is different, so each return can take a unique amount of time to process. 

If it has been 21 days since filing your return, please click here to contact the IRS. 

That status means your return has been queued as part of the current backlog at the IRS. Electronic returns are processed by a computer process and not by a human. I am quite sure that Turbo Tax is aware of the number of TT users whose returns are stuck in refund limbo. Every electronic tax return has a referrer indicator on the tax record. For TT users that value is Intuit. I have been monitoring the news about the backlog, on twitter under hashtag #WhereIsMyRefund there are filers who were stuck in limbo who received an updated refund date of March 17. There are also news articles indicate that most of the 2020 refunds should be delivered by March 22nd. Congressional delegates from Maine and Mississippi have also written to the irs asking for updates and a plan to clear the backlog.  Hopefully the more folks get their story out to the media and other state and federal agencies the faster this nightmare will be resolved.

Actually it can mean how h more u see I had filed for an advocate  b4 the COVID  ever hit .  until almost the end of the year we still do not have our taxes come to find out TurboTax had removed one form and it didn’t get filled out yet I’ve had same insurance for six yr . It took us 10 and a half months toget last yrs money this yr I went with a well know company that’s starts with an h and guess what two weeks after we filed online we had it . So I’ll never ever us this again and cost me less money too

Honey u go. A have to admins last yr 

Sunnyzes1

Accepted on 2/12. Suggested return date was 3/6. Still processing.

I already sent my taxes In so how would I ammend it? 

You would have to wait until it is processed and you receive your refund, if you e-filed your taxes with TurboTax you would go back in and click on amend return.

LindseyLO
Intuit Alumni

Help with amending your return has been provided by clicking here.

So after I get my taxes , then I go ammend it? What exactly  does ammend mean? 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

You will need to wait for your original tax return to be accepted by the IRS.  Once that has occurred then you can amend your tax return.

To amend your return you need to log into your TurboTax account to see an option to Amend a Filed and Accepted Return. Click on that to start the amending process.  Once you are finished making changes to your return you will need to print it out, sign, date and mail it to the IRS.

Please see the below FAQ for more information on amending your tax return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/amending/help/how-do-i-amend-my-turbotax-online-return/00/27577

What amend means is if you forgot to add a W-2 or a 1099G etc.. you will be able to go in and fix whatever you need to put in. Like myself I need to amend my return due to being on unemployment and the new legislation that passed made the first $10,200 of unemployment benefits non-taxable so I need to amend my 2020 tax return.

Ok so don't do anything now, because  it still  says being processed.  And what am I amending? This is all new to me. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies