turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How to "Fix my Return" it takes me to a "SP Daytime PH

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

You will need to enter a phone number here. Your "Personal Information Worksheet "For the Taxpayer" page requires a phone number. To get started, follow the instructions in the “Action Needed” email you received from turbotax@intuit.comIf you can’t locate the email, you have a couple of options:

1. Sign in to your TurboTax account and fix your return
  2. Select your code from the list in the Common IRS rejections section below and follow the instructions

You can watch the video for an overview of the process. Please see the TurboTax FAQ below:

It seems like what you are referring to is if I have already filed.  I have not filed yet, and I don't know how this topic got placed in "After you File" as I just submitted a question in the chat dialog during filing.  

The window it brings me to is for my "spouse" information.  Since I am divorced, this should all be blank.  The form shows everything empty except for the "SP Phone" which I would assume is the "Spouses Phone".   When I go to click "File my Taxes" it brings me to this error and says "this field should be blank".   However, when I delete it, it does not remove the phone number.  It just returns to the file page, then when I click file, it brings me back to the SP Phone and shows the number still in there and asks for it to be blank.  I delete the phone number and return to filing... Rinse and repeat... 

TL:DR:  No spouse, but filing requires spouse phone# to be blank.  Cannot delete said phone number.  Stuck in a loop at filing...

Thank you!

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Try to clear your browser's cache and delete cookies and then log back in and re-enter it. 

If that doesn't work, try a different browser such as Firefox if you're currently using Chrome and vice versa. 

If you continue to have issues please see the link below to contact one of our TurboTax representatives: 

What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies