turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How do I change my bank account number after filing my tax refund?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

128 Replies
ModestaL

Has it been accepted already?

Yes
ModestaL

If you already e-filed and your return gets accepted, you can no longer change your direct deposit information. If the information you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will issue you a refund check via mail. However, if your return gets rejected you can update this information by opening your return and going back to the file section.

If your return hasn't already posted to the IRS's system, you can ask them to stop the direct deposit. You may call them toll-free at 1-800-829-1040, Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. 

Please see FAQ (click on see entire answer), for more information about closed/invalid account: https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3302459

marzelia

yes it have

I have been checking my IRS2GO App waiting for my refund. I actually missed a single digit in my bank account number. Tired to call the IRS Customer Service number and it is all automated...couldn't contact an actual human to try and fix the bank acct # issue. How does this get resolved? I would love to know as well! Any help would be appreciated. 

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

If the info you provided is for a closed or invalid account, the government will mail you a refund check. For more information please click the link below.

What if I entered the wrong bank account for direc ...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Hoidalj

How do I change my account number on turbo tax 

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

If you are wanting to pay your TurboTax fees with your debit card, you can follow the instructions in the link below. https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/payments/help/how-can-i-pay-for-my-turbotax-online-fees/00/27388

You can review the direct deposit account information you entered by looking on your printed return. This will be found on your 1040 under the Refund section (look for line 76). 

If you have already filed, please follow the instructions in this FAQ to print your return:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-get-a-copy-of-a-return-i-filed-thi...

Now, if your recently-filed return is still in pending status, wait until it's either accepted or rejected. If rejected, simply open your return in TurboTax and go to the File section to update your bank account before re-submitting your return to the IRS.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

My name is Daniel  last 4 of my ssn is <removed>

@Sevydaniel69 wrote:

My name is Daniel last 4 of my ssn is <removed>

Once a tax return is filed and accepted the bank information cannot be changed.

Yes the Federal has been accepted, but the State has not yet, but I realized it after they had been submitted through e-filing

@59laquecia59 It is too late.  You cannot change the information you entered for how to receive either refund.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I have received my refunds already but want to update my Checking account #  ....my Routing # would stay as is.Can I do that?

Yes and already have my refund

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies