Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

harry9972

How can I transfer the funds on my prepaid card to a bank card?

How can I take the money off my card and transfer to my bank

You need to get a paypal account. You have to attach your regular bank account and debit card to it. Then, you are also going to attach your turbo tax debit card to it with the routing and account number from your turbo card. After a couple days when paypal verifies your green dot bank information, you then transfer your balance from your turbo card to your regular bank. Voila!

can I transfer my remaining balance from my turbo ore paid visa to my bank debit card

Yes, you can. But you must either do it through an ATM or get a paypal account. You want to link the "banking information, i.e. routing and account #" from your Turbo card (which is green dot bank) to your paypal account (which is linked to your bank account) , after 2 days, paypal will deposit a couple cents into your turbo account and you will come back, verify those two small amounts and then you are linked to be able to transfer the money from your turbo card to your regular bank account. All together, it took me 5 minutes to click on links and link card and it took them two days to verify the turbo account. Voila! Done. My return is now in my regular bank account!

dtaks

IVE GOT THE FULL PROOF SOLUTION FOR EVERYONE SO NO ONE HAS TO DEAL WITH THIS BULL AGAIN!!!! 

so this is what you do, I got this card LAST YEAR and my stimulus check got deposited to it and obviously, I didn't make an account and I didn't have the card anymore. BUT!!! I had the routing and account number so 

1. link it to your paypal with the routing and account number

2. if you have access to the account and can see the two deposits then get it that way. 

3. OPTION 2: call the customer service number and press 2 for having an unauthorized deposit made in your name or something. 

4. When the person answers and they can confirm that a deposit was made, ***ASK THEM IF ANY OTHER DEPOSITS WERE MADE*** ps: make sure to ask the order which the deposits were made as it'll matter when you confirm the account

5. Once they give you that info confirm the account on paypal AND YOU'RE DONE!!!!

you'll be able to send money from the prepaid debit, send it to a friend and have them send it back and the cash it out!!! 

this took me a WEEK of research and trying every option so I thought everyone should know 🙂 

How can I tranfer money from my turbo visa card to my bank card

GiseleD
Expert Alumni

Yes, you will need to login to your Turbo Visa Debit Card and then visit the Manage Money section, where you can:

• Set up text alerts, including when your tax refund is received. Message and data rates may apply.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information on your Turbo Visa Debit Card.

The original post can be found here.

@RockSteady

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Okay so these next stimulus checks that are coming on Monday the 4th, I have a replacement card coming but won't be here until Thursday the 7th (at least that's what it says).

I don't to wait 3 days for a "Maybe" I'll get the card then since so many people don't receive their cards on the day said.

I can't transfer my funds to another Turbo Card/Green Dot Card because I have to "activate" my card.. which I don't have yet. Yeah I have the routing number but that really won't help with much.

I read people saying sending the money to your PayPal doesn't work anymore. Some people mentioned doing a Money Grant (never used it before, only Union) with connecting the routing bank to it but could anyone actually confirm this and say it's true?

I also read of people sending it to their Cash App but I'm honestly doubting that would work. How are people alternatively sending their funds (without their card) to another platform/account?

I've heard about Zelle on here but again I'm doubtful that would work either. I have a few people I could send the money to with their own bank accounts (US Bank etc) but I'm seeing son much about how you can't send or transfer anything regardless of what you use.

Does anyone have some ways to get around this and access their funds? Because I need the funds ASAP and not trying to wait for a maybe about receiving my card on Thursday (almost a whole week).

Any advice, suggestions and information would be appreciated but please don't respond back with the same customer service links and copy and pasted information from the website. I need legit, genuine responses on how to do this. Thank you. 

• You have to transfer to an email address.
  • Go into the app. From the options select "Pay". 
  • Select "Send Money"
  • Select "New Reciepient"
  • Add valid email address you have access to. This doesn't have to actually be the person you want to send it to you just have to have access to it. I sent it to myself. The goal is to get to where you can follow the link to add another card for the money to send to.
  • **Keep in mind this has to be another Green Dot card and it has to have your name on it. Not the one you buy from the store but the one you get sent afterwards with your name on it and a chip.
  • Once sent you will get an email that has a link to follow. Click "Add a card" and follow directions.

This is the closest I've been to moving my money. Good Luck 

Jaytee901

??

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@Jaytee901

Do you have a question?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This turbocard is a joke and I hope Intuit and Green Dot get a huge fine from their regulators. They are one big UDAAP violation. Getting your funds off your card is extremely difficult, the site doesn’t work half the time, and there is no way to close your account. They say it will close automatically after getting to a zero balance but that is a lie. Mine was at zero and then the IRS owed me money and it went back on to this stupid card! 

8AF0D0DC-A385-421D-B199-DB4867DB0866.png

It is closed once your balance goes down to zero  but only after a certain length of time to allow for these late tax refunds to be applied.   Before these off season stimulus payments started the account would be closed quickly but then the IRS sent stimulus payments to closed accounts and people got angry the refunds were in limbo for months until the bank & IRS figured out how to send payments to these closed accounts.  So the bank allowed the card to remain active longer for these rogue payments to be deposited and other people got mad like you ... there is no pleasing everyone all the time it seems.   

The best option is to never use a pre paid debit card ever if you don't like the restrictions.  Find an alternate way to pay the TT fees or if you qualify use one of the IRS FREE FILE options you can get here :  

https://www.irs.gov/filing/free-file-do-your-federal-taxes-for-free

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies