Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

E-file status still pending even after receipt of acceptance email from Intuit

Hello,

I filed federal and state taxes on 2/4.  Same day (2/4) I received an email from Intuit telling me the federal taxes had been accepted.  No email from Intuit on the status of state filing however state already pulled payment from account a couple days ago so evidently that has moved along as well.  Despite both of these events, TurboTax application still showing both of these as pending as of 2/9.  With the activities described above, I would have expected TurboTax to show accepted for both of these by now.  Appreciate any thoughts on what might be going on.   

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

60 Replies
SharonD007
Expert Alumni

Still pending means your e-filed tax return was sent but has not been accepted or rejected yet. It may sit in pending status 24-48 hours before the status changes. Sometimes state returns stay in Pending for several days or even longer. 

Please see the TurboTax Help articles What does "pending" mean? and  Why is my state e-file still pending? for additional information.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the reply.  I still think it's odd that I received an email from Intuit 6 days ago telling me my Federal taxes were accepted however the desktop app still shows pending.  Same think for the state taxes even though they already pulled the payment from my account several days ago.  

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Once your return is accepted by the IRS, they will have the most up-to-date information for you. Once that return is accepted, it's in the hands of the IRS and any further updates will come from their website. If it's been accepted, you can begin to track your refund at the IRS Where's My Refund? site.

@joeportenjr 

JimmicaB
Returning Member

Ok so what if it’s been accepted by the IRS since 1/17/23 with the advance approval but yet haven’t gotten any emails or confirmation emails of nothing more than your refund is on the way. CK says TT has to update tax timeline in order to release funds. How long before you all get that situated????

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

@JimmicaB 

If this is in reference to the Refund Advance, I would suggest reaching out to Contact Support for further assistance. You can also check out the FAQ link provided below under "My question wasn't answered," for further assistance:

What is TurboTax Refund Advance?

I'm having the same exact problem. Customer support was no help. I ended up switching to H&R Block online version and everything went smoothly.

The original  poster is correct. I have had my return accepted via email for both Federal and State. Six days later TT premier is still showing pending with a status update. Checking my Refund, the IRS states accepted and refund is set to be deposited next week.

Clearly there is an issue with TurboTax obtaining the correct status from the Federal and State interfaces. They just are not admitting it. 

Thanks for sharing your experience as well.  I just checked my TurboTax desktop app and both Federal and State taxes still show as pending despite taxes being filed and accepted 2 weeks ago.  I agree clearly something is wrong with at least a subset of users.  I did have to jump through hoops to get tax statuses by other means.  I've always used the TurboTax filing status however as the final truth of the transaction.  I do think TurboTax should still look into this.

Same thing with me. E-file status will not update but email says IRS and state accepted. I have used H&R Block for over 20 years and this year I decided to switch. And right out the gate, this happens!  Looks like it has been going on for some time.  I am NOT about to try and call customer service and spend hours on the phone. I might have to rethink which program to buy next time. I even rebooted my computer trying to get it fixed.

Same issue here. I filed my taxes February 9th. Federal was accepted within 2 hours and State (GA) is still "pending" today February 21,2023? Anyone knows why state is still pending over 10 days now?

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Sometimes state returns can take a little longer. Please see What does pending mean? for more detailed information. 

Since the IRS has accepted your e-filed return, you can check the status of your refund by going directly to: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

Additionally, you can check out this Help Article for instructions on how to track your state refund.

@ML222 

Thanks for the generic reply. We have been using turbo tax software for decades and this is the first year when I have to wait on the state to accept or reject 11 days after filing return and accepting by Feds.  Maybe TurboTax needs to review their e-file communications with the states.

And TurboTax is STILL not answering the issue.  There is a PROBLEM with the program.  Just FIX it!

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Once Turbo Tax submits your return, we do not get updates after the return is accepted. Any other status updates must be done on the IRS or state tax website. @fix-software-efile-status 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies