turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Direct Deposit Dates for People with Credits (EIC/ACTC)

I put the wrong direct deposit information on my tax refund account therefore I have not received my refund what can I do to correct my direct deposit information?

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

If you've already filed and your return has been accepted (or mailed), it's too late to change your bank account for direct deposit. If you have not filed yet you can click here to find the directions to update your direct deposit.

If you entered incorrect banking information for your refund, you can change it if your return is rejected.  If it is accepted, however, it is too late to change it.  The bank will reject the refund and send it back to the IRS.  Then the IRS will issue a paper check and mail it to the address you put on your tax return.  Expect a delay of at least a couple of weeks to receive your refund.

Here is what the IRS says about entering incorrect banking information

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/what-if-i-entered-the-wrong-bank-account-for-direct-d...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I filed on January 27, 2020 and so far still just accepted. No tax refund yet. Patiently waiting. 😉

You will probably get a letter from the IRS about medical insurance I'm waiting for mine it was mailed on 2/26 they said 

Well we had insurance so probably not? Still says processing, no letters received yet! So over it!!

deelisa12
Returning Member

Speak to someone in person

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

The IRS generally issues refunds within 21 days.  So, if it's been more than 21 days since your return was accepted, you should call the IRS directly to inquire about your refund.  Go here for tips on reaching a live IRS agent when you call.

Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for some situations that could delay your refund:  What makes refunds late?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did you recieve yours yet? 

I haven't received mine yet. Tomorrow is technically 21 days from the 15th. I'm hoping to see atleast an update by Monday

I downloaded my tax transcript and IRS officialy started with my return March 2, 2020. So now hopefully any day for direct deposit.🤞

Where did you get your transcripts from? Also, I want to know how I can get my money back for turbo tax service that didn't even do their job right? All it did was cause a huge delay in processing. It has been over a month and still nothing. What happened to the within 21 days??? 

How long after filing does it normally take for transcripts to show? I filed on Monday March 2nd. 

Mnb2478
Returning Member

how can I get my transcript cuz I've tried n I don't know if I'm doing it wrong n what do u mean codes

Call 800-829-0582

DO NOT PRESS ONE FOR ENGLISH, just stay on the line and enter ext. 652 A HUMAN will answer!!

There is light at the end of the tunnel! I filed early Jan. Accepted Jan 27. Recieved LTR 4464C up to 60 day review. Checked my bank today an have pending deposit for March 11! I'm both happy and confused because it's less than it should have been and neither my husband nor I have any debts that we are aware of. I guess we will be happy we are getting anything and wait for a letter explaining the difference in amount. I'm crossing my fingers for you all still waiting! Supposedly tomorrow is another mass update to WMR so be on the look out!

Manage cookies