turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

nhuerta32

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can I get a phone # to contact a representative from the irs

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

29 Replies

Tax Year Prior to 2020: Can I get a phone # to contact a representative from the irs

TurboTax support does not have a phone number.  Use their contact website and you can get a callback.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

Use this website to contact TurboTax support during business hours - https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/
Support can also be reached by messaging them on these pages https://www.facebook.com/turbotax/ and https://twitter.com/TeamTurboTax

To contact the IRS -

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don’t enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.
Then press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
It should then transfer you to an agent.

AFalRN83
Returning Member

After following steps given it says they can't process my call due to high call volumes and try again at a later time or next buisness day 🤦‍♀️

I got accepted on January 27 and still no refund or it's been processed 

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

To contact the IRS, please see the link below:

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

Also, this is normal. Everyone's return is processed differently based on their situation. Just keep checking back, you should receive a date soon. Also more information has been provided below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/why-do-some-refunds-take-longer-than-others/00/26163

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I got the IRS accepted my return on Jan 29, 2020, i did claim the child care credit and the earned income so i know they couldnt start processing until mid Feb. I checked my status yesterday and it still says processing, i call the IRS and she says that I have to wait til March 2, 2020 to call back if it hasn't been updated and that there could be an error in my return. If so she said I should get an IRS letter in the mail requesting documentation but have not received anything as of today. My husband thinks we are being audited which is fine but im not sure what to think. Is anyone else having this issue????

CatinaT1
Employee Tax Expert

TurboTax does not get any information about refund status. You must check the status yourself using the IRS refund tracking web site: https://www.irs.gov/refunds

It still says processing on the IRS page.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

What date did you submit your return? 

I have the same issue. I seen alot of comments from other people who have the same problem.  Couldn't imagine there would be that many getting audited from turbotax. 

Mine is still being processed and I filed them on the 6th of February. There is no date of when I will get my federal tax return and I have already gotten my state return. 

Yes I'm having the same problem and I'm completely frustrated. I dont know what the problem is. My federal return was accepted on Fedruary 2nd and still nothing. I cant even get through to anyone in the IRS. Based on this experience I'm not going to use Turbo Tax again because no one can help.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

To contact the IRS, please see the link below:

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

Also, this is normal. Everyone's return is processed differently based on their situation. Just keep checking back, you should receive a date soon. Also, more information has been provided below.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/why-do-some-refunds-take-longer-than-others/00/26163

I am having the same issue, filed early on Jan 27, turbotax emailed me a few days later saying the IRS had approved it, That I should get my refund by Feb 27,2020. I haven't gotten a letter or anything, my status page is still saying its "processing" going on 3 weeks now. I've tried to get help and NO ONE is helping at all. Yes I am aware that the IRS said the 1st week of March they would start sending it out, but to have no updates, no help when you call, nothing any of us can do is kinda bs. I just lost almost everything I have in a Tornado I need this money like I need air to breathe.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies