turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

linick18

Did anyone else get this message when they tried to file? You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

17 Replies
JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Did anyone else get this message when they tried to file? You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet.

This error can appear for two reasons. 1. Check the date on your computer and re-file your return. 2.This can also occur if your forms are not ready for e-filing. Please view this link for a solution:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/intuit-electronic-filing-center-is-no...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I did. 😕  Also, received the email that forms were ready, checked for updates and still cannot.  The "Turbotax" fix of computer date and such are not helpful.

DGW1

I got it too.  Checked the computer date...it's good.  Checked for unavailable forms, that's not it either.  What's up TurboTax?

chegarty

Got the same message (came here looking for an answer to the same question).

Forms are all ready, everything gets down to the end "Transmit" which fails with the same error.

Maybe the servers are down or swamped...

DGW1

I just tried it again for the 6th or 7th time and it worked.

chegarty

Same.  It finally worked after 5 times.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

There are two reasons you could be having this issue. 

1. Check the date on your computer and re-file your return.  

2.This can also occur if your forms are not ready for e-filing.  

Please view this link for a solution: 

"Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet" 

Yes.  Got that same message today February 18, 2021.  Very frustrated because I want to just e-file my business Federal and business NJ State returns and be done! The date on my computer is correct and all my forms/files are ready for Federal and State filing.  Have latest version of turbo tax, says no updates.... I've filed my business taxes for years w/Turbo Tax on this same computer and this is the first major glitch I've run into.  Is the solution to keep trying to submit? Any other suggestions?

*** 2/22/20201 update:  go back and change your choices to ONLY e-file your 2020 Federal 1065 Business Partnership return.  (Check the box that you'll e-file your 2020 State NJ New Jersey 1065 Business Partnership return later.)  I WAS able to file my 2020 Federal Business Partnership return and it's been accepted. (Yea!) However... I'm still getting the above error message for my 2020 New Jersey 1065 Business Partnership return.  I suspect because a) NJ is still messing around and hasn't finalized their 2020 e-filing system yet so we need to keep trying OR b) to cut costs the state of NJ took away the option of e-filing this year and you have to mail in your Business partnership return for 2020.   

AshleyLO
Intuit Alumni

@kickscootergirl If you have tried the suggestions in the article above and are still facing the same issue, please reach out to our live representatives for further assistance: Contact TurboTax 

I'm having the same issue, also with my NJ business tax return. I contacted TurboTax support twice already and they offered no real help. Basically, they just repeat the solutions that I could easily find online.  

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

This error could be due to your Desktop Software not updating.

Please see this TurboTax FAQ for troubleshooting, Troubleshoot TurboTax for Windows updating issues

Also you can download and install a manual update

If all else fails, Please call us for a new TurboTax Software Download, What is the TurboTax phone number?

schillg
Returning Member

Getting same error message with Fed and NJ state 1065 e-filings - no matter how many times I seem to try to transmit, have checked to make sure everything is up to date, pc date is fine, even uninstalled and re-installed - still getting same error. Products are advertised to handle e-filings, anyone know what it takes to get Intuit to address the issue?

2/22/20201 update:  go back and change your choices to ONLY e-file your 2020 Federal 1065 Business Partnership return.  (Check the box that you'll e-file your 2020 State NJ New Jersey 1065 Business Partnership return later.)  I WAS able to file my 2020 Federal Business Partnership return and it's been accepted. (Yea!) However... I'm still getting the above error message for my 2020 New Jersey 1065 Business Partnership return.  I suspect because:

a) NJ is still messing around and hasn't finalized their 2020 e-filing system yet so I need to keep trying 

OR

b) to cut costs the state of NJ took away the option of e-filing this year and you have to mail in your Business partnership return for 2020.   

2/22/20201 update for NJ:  go back and change your choices to ONLY e-file your 2020 Federal 1065 Business Partnership return.  (Check the box that you'll e-file your 2020 State NJ New Jersey 1065 Business Partnership return later.)  I WAS able to file my 2020 Federal Business Partnership return and it's been accepted. (Yea!) However... I'm still getting the above error message for my 2020 New Jersey 1065 Business Partnership return.  I suspect because:

a) NJ is still messing around and hasn't finalized their 2020 e-filing system yet so I need to keep trying 

OR

b) to cut costs the state of NJ took away the option of e-filing this year and you have to mail in your Business partnership return for 2020.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies