`

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

How do I update my payment method from turbo card to checking acct info for 2020COVID stimulus Payment after I already filed?My direct deposit info is still saved and is on file. I have filed my taxes with TurboTax past 20yrs I tried Turbocard for the first time and it was the worst mistaken I won’t be making again, from fees, to monthly withdrawal limits to green dot making it impossible to transfer your money from that card. In a time where most everyone needs this stimulus payment I don’t think it’s fair we have to wait another 7-10 days to receive it by being forced to receive it by mail when you can easily allow customers to update their own payment method information. (Per the treasure department’s statement)If you filed a return and got it on a financial instrument (like a prepaid card or tax advance loan), you'll receive a paper check. 

Maybe ... details still to come if you used the refund processing option to have the TT fees withheld from the fed refund  ...  https://www.sbtpg.com/coronavirus-stimulus-payment-info/

SO look at your 2019 form 1040 at the DD info on page 2 ... if that is the same DD info for the Debit card you have then the IRS already has the card info and will send it there automatically.  

If not then it is still to be determined if the deposit will go thru the third party processing bank like the original refund  OR  if you will need to change that DD info in the IRS portal to be built  OR  just get a check. 

How will the IRS know where to send my payment?

The vast majority of people do not need to take any action. The IRS will calculate and automatically send the economic impact payment to those eligible.

For people who have already filed their 2019 tax returns, the IRS will use this information to calculate the payment amount. For those who have not yet filed their return for 2019, the IRS will use information from their 2018 tax filing to calculate the payment. The economic impact payment will be deposited directly into the same banking account reflected on the return filed.

The IRS does not have my direct deposit information. What can I do?

In the coming weeks, Treasury plans to develop a web-based portal for individuals to provide their banking information to the IRS online, so that individuals can receive payments immediately as opposed to checks in the mail.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/economic-impact-payments-what-you-need-to-know

Patience will be needed while hard working folks are trying their best to develop and implement  this distribution DURING a tax season AND a pandemic.  

1,618 Replies

Since the stimulus package has not yet been approved, we have not been provided guidance on this. Please bookmark this page for updates in relation to COVID-19 and taxes: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-are-my-taxes-affected-by-covid-19/00/1330402

And if it is approved then will you be answering the question or will I need to repost it? 

Any updates will be posted on that page @BrandiLO posted and also within the Community. 

Can our stimulus payments be direct deposited onto our TurboTax card

We do not yet have any guidance in regards to the stimulus. Please bookmark the page I posted above to check back for updates as we are provided with additional guidance. 

I'm in the same boat.

@dblanchard1981 As stated aboveat this time, details are still being worked on and once things are finalized, more information will then be provided. You can continue to check the IRS website https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus for any updates. You can also stay updated by continuously checking the following links. 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-are-my-taxes-affected-by-covid-19/00/1330402

So can we get it deposited to our turbo card

How do I get my stimulus check? Will it be mailed or direct deposited?

As of today, the coronavirus stimulus package, or CARES act, has not been passed.

Follow this blog post  for the latest information on tax deadlines, relief, and legislation, including the stimulus package, in response to coronavirus.

Here are other sources of information provided by TurboTax.

How are my taxes affected by COVID-19?

CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER

Same thing I'm wondering!?!... 

Can your Tech's at turbo create a site or link for lost or damage deposit cards (replace)? Just in case the turbo debit cards are allowed for the stimulus deposit. The bill got approved so we need you guys at turbo to stay ahead of things. 

I am wondering the same thing! It’s been passed, still no answers. It would Be great if we could update a direct deposit for a bank account to receive the check, rather than a paper check and longer wait. 

Turbo Tax will not have information on this. Please visit the IRS website. Coronavirus Tax Relief https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Stimulus has been passed and they will be using what ever direct deposit the it's has for you I'm wondering the same thing will it go to my TurboTax card