turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

How do I update my payment method from turbo card to checking acct info for 2020COVID stimulus Payment after I already filed?My direct deposit info is still saved and is on file. I have filed my taxes with TurboTax past 20yrs I tried Turbocard for the first time and it was the worst mistaken I won’t be making again, from fees, to monthly withdrawal limits to green dot making it impossible to transfer your money from that card. In a time where most everyone needs this stimulus payment I don’t think it’s fair we have to wait another 7-10 days to receive it by being forced to receive it by mail when you can easily allow customers to update their own payment method information. (Per the treasure department’s statement)If you filed a return and got it on a financial instrument (like a prepaid card or tax advance loan), you'll receive a paper check. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1,572 Replies
BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

COVID Stimulus Payment:(Please allow people who used Turbocard to change our Payment method to avoid having our stimulus payments delayed by having to receive it by mailed check

Since the stimulus package has not yet been approved, we have not been provided guidance on this. Please bookmark this page for updates in relation to COVID-19 and taxes: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-are-my-taxes-affected-by-covid-19/00/1330402

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

And if it is approved then will you be answering the question or will I need to repost it? 

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

Any updates will be posted on that page @BrandiLO posted and also within the Community. 

Can our stimulus payments be direct deposited onto our TurboTax card

BrandiLO
Intuit Alumni

We do not yet have any guidance in regards to the stimulus. Please bookmark the page I posted above to check back for updates as we are provided with additional guidance. 

I'm in the same boat.

EbonyL122824
Intuit Alumni

@dblanchard1981 As stated aboveat this time, details are still being worked on and once things are finalized, more information will then be provided. You can continue to check the IRS website https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus for any updates. You can also stay updated by continuously checking the following links. 

https://turbotax.intuit.com/coronavirus/

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/how-are-my-taxes-affected-by-covid-19/00/1330402

So can we get it deposited to our turbo card

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

How do I get my stimulus check? Will it be mailed or direct deposited?

As of today, the coronavirus stimulus package, or CARES act, has not been passed.

Follow this blog post  for the latest information on tax deadlines, relief, and legislation, including the stimulus package, in response to coronavirus.

Here are other sources of information provided by TurboTax.

How are my taxes affected by COVID-19?

CORONAVIRUS TAX CENTER

Same thing I'm wondering!?!... 

Can your Tech's at turbo create a site or link for lost or damage deposit cards (replace)? Just in case the turbo debit cards are allowed for the stimulus deposit. The bill got approved so we need you guys at turbo to stay ahead of things. 

I am wondering the same thing! It’s been passed, still no answers. It would Be great if we could update a direct deposit for a bank account to receive the check, rather than a paper check and longer wait. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Turbo Tax will not have information on this. Please visit the IRS website. Coronavirus Tax Relief https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/irs-operations-during-covid-19-mission-critical-functions-continue

Stimulus has been passed and they will be using what ever direct deposit the it's has for you I'm wondering the same thing will it go to my TurboTax card 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies