turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

zawilliam

Can not Download/Print 2018 Tax Return?

why does'nt 2018 income and expense show up on the 2019 bussiness income and expse area o the turbo tax bussiness return like the past?

drchesnut

my return comes back scrambled, not pdf. It seems to download, but nothing happens when I hit open.

drchesnut

@drchesnut wrote:

my return comes back scrambled, not pdf. It seems to download, but nothing happens when I hit open.

drchesnut

You are probably using an Edge web browser.  The Edge browser changes the file extension form .pdf to .txt.  Rename the file extension of the download back to .pdf so that it can be opened by any compatible PDF application , such as Adobe Reader.

crh2482

Still can not download my 2018 return IRS said never received tax return need to send in proof of mailing but will not download and the forms I could down load were not translated, did not have any problems with 2019 return

@crh2482 wrote:

Still can not download my 2018 return IRS said never received tax return need to send in proof of mailing but will not download and the forms I could down load were not translated, did not have any problems with 2019 return

You have to sign onto your 2018 online account using the exact same user ID you used to create the online account.

Close all TurboTax windows on your web browser (including this one).  Copy and paste the account recovery website link onto a new web browser window and run the tool.

Use this TurboTax account recovery website to get a list of all the user ID's for an email address.  Run the tool against any email addresses you may have used - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If none of the user ID's received will access your 2018 account, then use the option shown in blue on the account recovery website, "Try something else"

If you used the desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer, the only copy of your tax data file and any PDF's will be on the computer where the return was created.  TurboTax does not store online any returns completed using the desktop editions.

To access your current or prior year tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the userID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and on the section Your tax returns & documents click on Show.  Click on the Year and Click on Download/print return (PDF)

See this TurboTax support FAQ for accessing prior year online tax returns - https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/01/270...

KatrinaLO
Intuit Alumni

To access prior year returns, please follow the instructions in the following FAQ.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/prior-year-return/help/how-do-i-access-my-prior-year-return/00/270...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
tkokenge

This is true. You must use the Google Chrome browser in order to download a pdf.

Angelmk9
Returning Member

Please assist me in download/print 2018 Tax Return

Anonymous
Not applicable

See the instructions in our FAQ regarding how to access your previous years' tax returns. Once you click on download/print return (PDF), you can save it and/or print it.

Be sure you are logging in using the same account you filed your tax return in.

If you are unsure of your user ID. You can get a list of your User ID's and recover accounts by using The Turbo Tax recovery  tool.  Be sure to run the tool on all email addresses, if you have more than one.

Follow these steps to get help recovering your login information: 

1. Log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you could end up in a loop. 
  2.  Then clear your browsing history.
  3. Close your browser.
  4. Then reopen it, and go to Get Help Signing In!
CATTYLOU

HOW DO I PRINT MY 2018 TAX RETURN

So I can’t log into my 2018 account because I had to get a new phone and couldn’t reset the pass word now I can’t figure out how to download my 2018 tax return. 

@ Brittany Payton  wrote:

So I can’t log into my 2018 account because I had to get a new phone and couldn’t reset the pass word now I can’t figure out how to download my 2018 tax return. 

You can use the Account Recovery tool below by running it on your email address you can access.   If that doesn't work, I've also provided a second method called "Try something else" at the bottom of this posting.

To get a list of your User IDs, reset password, and recover account access, you can use the tool at the link below.  Since you have a different phone, run the tool on your email address(es) you can access.

NOTE: Before running the account recovery tool below, log out of all Intuit accounts including this user forum, or you might end up in a loop.  Then clear your browser Internet cache, close your browser, then reopen it, and go to the link below.  You may wish to copy this link to your clipboard so you can paste it into the new browser session.

https://myturbotax.intuit.com/account-recovery

If still no luck after running that tool, here's another method:

Go back to the tool again, but this time leave the data field blank, and choose the small blue link that says "Try something else", and it will look you up by SSN and other parameters.

Horace
Returning Member

I'm registered, just need to download 2018 turbo tax icon on desktop

@Horace wrote:

I'm registered, just need to download 2018 turbo tax icon on desktop

There's not enough info to understand what all you are doing.   This is a thread about acquiring a prior 2018 return that was prepared in one's Online TurboTax account last year.   Is that what you are trying to do?

And what is "registered"?   Does that mean you registered a 2019 product in Online TurboTax in order to download a 2018 return you prepared online last year, and are you trying to save a 2018 PDF to your desktop?  Or did you recently install 2018 desktop software (CD/download) on your computer to prepare a late 2018 return for the first time?

I'm not sure what "icon" has to do with it.    Did you just install 2018 desktop software (CD/download) onto your computer and referring to  the shortcut icon to launch the 2018 program?   If so, Mac or Windows version?    Or are you referring to an icon for a 2018 PDF file saved to your desktop?   Or what?

Please explain your issue with some detail so we don't have to keep trying to guess.   This is a public Internet forum, so don't post any personal info.

jleon11
Returning Member

I need to see my 2018 tax return. how do i do it ??

Manage cookies