turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Can I get my TurboTax prepaid card number before I receive it in the mail?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

126 Replies
Jimesa

For security reason you will be unable to recieve a prepaid card number before recieving the actual card in the mail. Should you have more questions regarding the TurboTax prepaid card please see the below for more information:

Getting to know the Turbo Prepaid Visa® Card

How to get your tax refund on a Turbo Prepaid Visa® Card

Questions or Problems

If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, please visit TurboPrepaidCard.com or call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

moore0490

Please someone help they have sent my card ti the wrong apartment number multiple times i have sent several documents to change my apartment number with no change i have just went to post office and put hold on all mail and notified them of situation i can now get no customer service representative on the line i have been hung up on left on hold and treated horribly by. Turbox intuit pre paid customer service i this will be the first last and only time i ever deal with this company. PLEASE can someone give me advice or suggestions

Why did I receive an email stating I could log in and receive a temporary card until my physical card has been delivered to do "online shopping", and then when I attempt to log-in to receive the temporary card and create an account it requires a 16 digit card number that I have yet to receive? 

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

If you have any questions or need assistance with your Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, visit TurboPrepaidCard.com
or call card support toll-free at (888) 285-4169. The FAQ below serves as a general reference.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/about-the-refund-advance-temporary-card/00/27511

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Did you figure it out yet? Because I'm trying to get my temporary number and I'm getting nowhere 

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Applying for and getting approved for a Refund Advance will give you access to temporary account details to begin spending your funds online.

After you’ve been approved for Refund Advance, we'll email you instructions to set up your Turbo Card account. Once your account is set up, you'll get temporary account details you can use to spend your refund advance funds online. We'll also send you a physical Turbo Card in the mail.

If you created a Turbo Visa Debit Card online account and have funds available but you’re unable to use your temporary card number for online purchases, call us toll-free at (888) 285-4169.

If you only signed up for a TurboTax Visa Card, and not Refund Advance, you will not receive a temporary number.  Your Visa Card will arrive 5-10 days after you've signed up for the card.

I signed up for both and got the email that my money was on there but I still can’t access or figure out where my temporary card number is? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

I have my temporary card number and I still can’t use it online. It was declined 

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

For any assistance regarding the Turbo Prepaid card, please contact their customer support directly at this telephone number (888) 285-4169. 

Can i

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

For any assistance regarding the Turbo Prepaid Debit card, please contact their customer support directly at this telephone number (888) 285-4169. 

Here is more information on your Turbo Card:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/refunds/help/getting-to-know-the-turbo-prepaid-visa-card/00/25569

I have talked to them 6 times today and there is no way to do any online shopping or create an account without the actual card it is all false advertisement. It is a way to lure people in to use turbo tax to file taxes.

• I had the same issue but found out you don’t want to log in to the the app ‘turbo card’ that’s to register and monitor card use once you receive it in the mail! But if you go back to your email, after you received the ‘congrats your advance has been loaded email’ there should be another one you receive shortly after that says “finish setting up” click that email and it asks for 4 digits of social and a password and there you will have access to funds and it gives you the temp card info number/exp/cvv! Hope this helps it took me a few to figure it out and I was getting frustrated at first too lol email me if u have any other issues [email address removed]

JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Yes, if you qualify for Refund Advance and are approved for the Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, you’ll be notified by email of the approved amount and you’ll be able to start spending online, typically within 48 hours of the IRS accepting your return.  You will be emailed instructions on how to set up your Turbo Card account to start spending online.

Your Turbo Card will arrive in the mail within 5-10 business days. The temporary card info will work for 15 days or until you activate your physical Turbo Prepaid Visa Card, which will arrive within 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval.

The rest of your refund (minus any applicable TurboTax fees) will be loaded on the same Turbo Card as your Refund Advance, typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance. You’ll be able to spend the money anywhere Visa is accepted in the U.S. 

If you weren’t approved, you will receive an email  with the general reason for denial and contact information if you have additional questions about the decision.

Please review the TurboTax FAQ below for more information.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/7066850

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies