LTR 4464C from the IRS. How long will this delay be?

Only the IRS can provide you with that information. A timeframe should be on the letter you received. Generally, they ask you to contact them if you don't receive your refund or hear from them within 60 days from the date of the letter. Once they have completed their review, they will issue your refund.

The IRS has indicated that the letters are part of the screening program to combat stolen identity refund fraud and do not mean the taxpayer has been selected for audit. The IRS uses algorithms similar to a discriminate function system score to detect potential refund fraud. 

Certain characteristics are:
  • If the taxpayer is a first-time filer, 
  • Receiving a refund unusually larger than the one from a prior year or is receiving W-2 income unexpectedly.

Just keep an eye out on their Where's My Refund site for status updates. Or you can call them at the IRS tax refund hotline at 800-829-4477, Monday - Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 11:30 p.m. Or, call the 24-hour ­assistance at 800-829-1040 to see if they can provide you a timeframe if not provided on the letter.