turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

LTR 4464C from the IRS. How long will this delay be?

@459williams 

I recieve a letter stating that the irs need to review my refund...have you check the Where my refund, if so does it have a reference code

Hola recibí una carta del irs 4464 que significa eso ?

Yes and my refund status bar is gone and says it’s still processing. I received 7 of these 4464C letters starting from the day of Feb 3 to the 11th of Feb. It has gone past 21 days. 

Ashleydj

Same thing I want to know.

Called the IRS plenty times and they always put me on hold to look at my refund and then tell me that there’s nothing they can do. Yeah right they know something 

So it seems even though I have a textbook return with the same home address same number of dependents, and deductions for the last 4 years NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!! for christ sake. I heard they oped a new unit I suppose they didn't have enough work to delegate to the new employees  so they seem to be making it up as they go along. Oh my I called why oh why did I bother the woman I  spoke with reads the letter I recieved.  I can read geezs I  asked can you tell me your criteria for your random picks well of course you guessed she didn't how you get picked. So I give up ,and as far as that where is my refund  link it has stated for the past 6 weeks that I must be putting the information in wrong and there is no record of me even filing the return but whoa! I have a letter from you showing they are holding up the refund for up to 60 days. What does this mean will it come on of before the 60th day I mean really. But as I was paid bi-weekly  they had no problem taking  my money every payday what a racket. Sorry for my rant I've been I'll for most of the last year and I only worked 4 months last year I should take my doctors advice get a disability attorney and go out on SSI I dont owe them and they cant tax that and I could be done with this entire sham they are making my heart problems worse I really needed that money due to the lack of not working much last year. What a bunch of robotic clueless  bullies 

Have you heard anything yet? I’ve got this letter on the 7th and 12th. First time ever getting it, I’m confused on what caused it because I’ve been working my same job for about 13 years now. I filed Jan. 27 of this year. Should I start waiting to file like mid February?

I have also the last one was dated 2/12/2020

Why so long??

CassLO
Intuit Alumni

Only the IRS can provide you with that information. A timeframe should be on the letter you received. Generally, they ask you to contact them if you don't receive your refund or hear from them within 60 days from the date of the letter. Once they have completed their review, they will issue your refund.

The IRS has indicated that the letters are part of the screening program to combat stolen identity refund fraud and do not mean the taxpayer has been selected for audit. The IRS uses algorithms similar to a discriminate function system score to detect potential refund fraud. 

"AndreaC1 Level 9"

Continue checking the IRS Where’s My Federal Refund? site for updates. Updates are made daily, usually overnight. You may also download the IRS2Go app to check your Federal refund status.

If it goes past 60 days, you should contact the IRS:

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS)?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

This is the first year this has happened I've gotten 3 letters with a 4th one one the way and the crazy thing is they only show 2 letters being sent. 1 didn't go out until yesterday. The one I got Friday was dated the 19th, Wednesday was dated the 24th and Mondays had the 19th on the. When I call I get the runaround. Sad thing is I've filed for 13 years the same way, same dependents, same address, same job, same everything.  Finally ordered transcript yesterday but that's another 5-10 days . 

Received my 9th letter of 4464C on the 21st. But letters started on the 3rd of Feb. Called the IRS about this and every time they put me on hold then come back and say nothing. They know what’s up but ain’t saying nothing about it. They only have a record of sending me one letter but I got all my letters for proof that they sent them to me. Everything should be fine with my refund as I got my state refund. But when I check my WHERES MY REFUND it states it’s still in process mode. Which is bs. I know that somebody better tell me what is going on with my refund.

I called the tax advocate number on the back of the 4464C letter and asked them review my refund and told them I was having problems with IRS about asking where my refund is. Also that I have received this 4464c letter for the 8th time and them telling me they only sent one.

I have contacted them and it’s the same mess. They only show that they just mailed me one 4464c letter but I have received 9 of them. I keep on calling to see what is going on and every time they put me on hold then to come back and tell me to wait until the 60 days. If they need something from me then just say you need something from me I have nothing to hide. It just ticks me of that my refund was accepted and I got problems. Check a person that got errors on their refund.

This doesn’t help when you receive 9 of these 4464C letters. And nobody is giving you answers but you keep wasting government money sending me this letter over and over. It started on the 3rd and they keep coming in every day.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies