Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

It says my refund has been sent to be deposited in my account but it has not hit my account yet

@ Babygirl1962 wrote:

Yes I went to where's my refundthats where it said my refund seas deposited onfeb24

Did you have any TurboTax fees that you chose to pay out of your Federal refund?

If so, the funds go first from the IRS to a temporary account at an intermediary bank where the fees are subtracted.   Then that intermediary bank sends the rest of the funds on to your bank (or card.)   If you used that method to pay fees, and if the IRS has actually released the funds, we can tell you how to check on the funds at the level of the intermediary company (SBTPG).

It says my refund has been sent to be deposited in my account but it has not hit my account yet

No I didn't have any fees to pay

Refund deposited 2 weeks ago per IRS, bank says nothing has shown up..now what?

It has been over 2 weeks, bank says they have received nothing. I had problems with the 2020 TURBO TAX program initially, and it finally found the forms I needed, now this..I am not happy and I have been doing taxes for over 50 years

Did you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your federal refund?   If so , check with the third party bank:

Santa Barbara Tax Products Group, LLC  (SBTPG) is the bank that handles the Refund Processing Service when you choose to have your TurboTax fees deducted from your refund. This option also has an additional charge from the bank that processes the transaction. 

You can contact them SBTPG, toll-free, at 1-877-908-7228 or go to their secure website www.sbtpg.com 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2580357-who-provides-the-refund-processing-service

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
elw139
Returning Member

According to IRS Refund Status, my refund was deposited February 23.  My bank does not have a record of it.  I am not able to reach IRS by phone.  What can I do now?

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@elw139

If you chose to have your fees deducted, you can check with Santa Barbara Tax Products Group. Santa Barbara

It is possible your refund was offset. For more information, you can visit the websites below. 

Treasury Offset Program & Debt Management Services

Offset Program

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

i did contact my bank because it's been 6 days.  They merely replied that I needed to contact the IRS directly.  I had about a 40 min hold and was connected with an IRS rep who verified all my credentials.  Went to put me on hold telling me he was setting a timer so I wouldnt be holding for a half hour.  Not long afterwards the phone made a computer type of glitch sound and then the call disconnected!  I went to call back and got the automated message saying overwhelming calls and to try to call back the next business day!  Prior to this .. he verified the routing number and account number but indicated there might have been an issue with my account number.  However, it's been the same format for 3 years now using turbo tax.  I just dont understand what the issue is or problem was with getting this to my account.  Additionally, when I filed online Efile like I always would do with Turbo, I was literally on the phone with the turbo tax rep expert while I was filing.  Turns out the refund amount was apparently adjusted lower by $500 according to the IRS AND!!! the state of DE sent me a tax bill for $360 for which was not right!  When I filed, I didnt owe them and they didnt owe me.  I live in DE but was working in PA --two part time jobs.  I just dont understand why all these discrepancies.

elw139
Returning Member

You didn't answer my question.  I have no idea what you are talking about.

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

Unfortunately, only the IRS can provide guidance on how to proceed. The IRS website states you can call them at 800-829-1954 and either use the automated system or speak with an agent to initiate a refund trace. 

@elw139

I work at my financial institution. Still no sign of my refund that I was told by tracking that it was deposited on 3/22/2021.

today is 4/6/2021  -- Now What?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

@donnab2 If your refund was issued by the IRS and you have not received it, you would need to contact the IRS directly so they can assist in tracking the refund. 

Thank you. I was told while filing with Turbo Tax NOT to contact the IRS with problems that I needed to go through TurboTax Only for any help that I might need. (Isn't that why I pay for all the extras)?   I have never had so much trouble with Turbo Tax as I have this year.  Every time I try to reach out I have got pushed somewhere else to find an answer.

1) I filed with Turbo Tax (and paid extra at the time of filing) 3/8/021

2) On 3/10/2021 I had confirmation that my filings were accepted and to expect them 3/22/2021

3) Checked to make sure everything was put on right (account info etc)

4) Checked IRS2Go, IRS.GOV and Turbo Tax sites... One says still pending, one says refund was deposited in my acct 3/22/21 (they were not, and YES, I work at my financial institution)

5) reached out to Turbo Tax again to see if my refund was put on a "card of theirs or something of the sort" 

So do I continue with Turbo Tax or IRS? What is the reasoning to pay for the extras when filing IF I am having to do all the research myself? Just curious. 

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

@donnab2

Turbo Tax will not know the status of anybody's return. We only provide a way for taxpayers to prepare their returns. Once it is prepared and sent to the IRS, the taxpayer will then have to follow up with the IRS for a deposit date. 

Turbo Tax does not charge extra filing fees. Our fees are outlined on our website for each product. Each taxpayer has to agree to the fees while preparing their return to continue to file.

If you are not sure what you have paid for, you can view your fees.

How do I review my fees in TurboTax Online?

This link will provide more information on the Refund Processing Fee

The IRS says my refund was deposited to my bank account. It has not went into my account. I checked all my info on my return and it matches my bank account numbers. My state got deposited but not my federal. The bank said they see no pending transactions or any transactions pertaining to my refund deposit. What do I do.?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies