turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

ChondelLO
Intuit Alumni

It has been over a month and I still have not recieved my refund. I had a very simple return. I have never had to wait this long. IRS tracking tool just says processing.

@Csmelks29 Try placing your call to the Internal Revenue Service first thing in the morning when they open, either 7am or 8am local time. You may be able to reach a representative at that time, since they are extremely busy this year and it is taking a bit longer to get through.

How do I contact the Internal Revenue Service (IRS...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

It has been over a month and I still have not recieved my refund. I had a very simple return. I have never had to wait this long. IRS tracking tool just says processing.

I've tried everything. 😕 I'm up at 5am so I've been calling at Everytime possible

I totally get it. I got that the first week too, but then I tried to call in the evening, at around 6:30pm...and I got through. I had to wait about 45 minutes on hold, but they verified my identity and said they would move it along. If they cannot verify your identity over the phone, they will get you in with the local office in person, (which is probably easiest!) But just keep trying I was so frustrated with the “too busy” message, but try weird times or right at 7am or the evening like me. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Good luck, just keep calling. 😕

Oh I have been believe me lol

I FINALLY got through and they couldn't verify me 🤯😤 so I had to make apt w local office which took me 4 hours in total.. and I'm STILL on the phone, still on hold. Atleast I got through. It took me literally 20xs in a row to get through.  Call, wait, hang up. Call, wait, hang up. TWENTY times in a row.  And the computer messages take up like 5 mins before your even told "due to high call volume we're too busy. please call again later" to other people struggling out there, It's possible yes, but it really shouldn't be this hard for a phone call.  Ridiculous. The only way I was able to even get through (and I have been at this now for 2 weeks- calling every half hour every single day and nothing) keep calling back to back, non stop. It's annoying waiting ten minutes to be told to call later but you'll eventually get through. Once you're on hold the hard parts over. 🤷‍♀️ GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! (I'm still on hold. Been on hold for over an hour.  *Sigh* gonna need that money now for my [removed] phone bill Lol)  

Factavain

How come when I go and check my social security on irs2go.com it's saying that my information doesn't match what's going on man what's going on with my refund I thought you guys did my taxes and I'm supposed to get a refund what's going on

@Factavain wrote:

How come when I go and check my social security on irs2go.com it's saying that my information doesn't match what's going on man what's going on with my refund I thought you guys did my taxes and I'm supposed to get a refund what's going on

You can't always go by the IRS "Where's My Refund" tool.  It's been having a lot of problems this year.

https://www.irs.gov/refunds

The IRS itself admits there is a problem for some users.  In the top yellow box on that page it says:

"Issues with Where’s My Refund"

"Currently the Where’s My Refund tool is telling some users, in error, that they have entered their information incorrectly. We (the IRS) are working to resolve this issue and will update this message once the issue is corrected."

NOTE:   Also be aware that the IRS "Where's My Refund" system is not available every Monday from 12:00 am (Midnight) to 3:00 am Eastern Time (or longer).     Since this is a Monday morning, wait and try again during the day.   But it may still not find you, as the IRS admits as I mentioned above.

Of course, you do need to be sure you are entering everything correctly.  

• Be sure you have waited at least 24 hours after acceptance before using the IRS WMR tool.
  • Be sure you enter the correct SSN and filing status.
  • Be sure you are using only the Federal refund amount.   Do not include any state refund or any total refund or net refund (Fed and State) that TurboTax may have provided on a screen.  
  • Also be sure you are using the Federal amount before any TurboTax fees are taken out (if you chose that option.)
  • Look at your actual Federal return to get the Federal refund amount, i.e., your Form 1040, Line 35a.
  • You can also try phoning the IRS refund hotline.  I've seen it work for some users when the WMR tool didn't.  800-829-1954

Trahan2020
Returning Member

Ive been trying to call foe three days. It says they are not accepting phone calls be ause thier que to long.

What’s going on? I filed mine on March 8th 2021, and it’s now April 3rd, 2021. 
It still says processing on the IRS website. No refund date available. Called the IRS, they said there’s no errors or anything. Just gotta wait. Any thoughts? 

The IRS is seriously backlogged due to all the new tax laws and extra stimulus filings, as well as unprocessed 2019 returns left over from the COVID shutdown.  Unfortunately, contacting the IRS will not speed things up, and they have actually told taxpayers not to call.  Lots of other folks are still waiting, so please continue to be patient.  Also see:

Tax refund delay: As tax season heads into the home stretch, some taxpayers are still waiting on the...

The IRS is under serious stress — what does that mean for your refund? (msn.com)

What led to IRS backlog: ‘Thin workforce,’ new pandemic relief programs | Federal News Network

I mailed my income taxes at the end of February and when I try to track it down there seems to be know record of it or know information available to give me. I needs some answer please 

@dora1931

MAILED RETURNS

Per the IRS:

COVID-19 Mail Processing Delays

It’s taking us longer to process mailed documents including:

• Paper tax returns, and
  • All tax return related correspondence.

We are processing all mail in the order we received it.

Do not file a second tax return or call the IRS.

It can take 3-4 weeks  (or longer since the IRS is backlogged) for anything to show up on the IRS site when you mail a tax return.  Expect 6-8 weeks for complete processing of a mailed return.

If  you mail a tax return (or a payment) to the IRS, it is a good idea to use a mailing service that will track it like UPS or certified mail so you will know it was received.

When you mail a tax return, you need to attach any documents showing tax withheld, such as your W-2’s or any 1099’s. 

TurboTax will not know anything about your mailed return, and will continue to show “Ready to Mail” on your account.  TurboTax will not know that you put your tax return in an envelope and took it to a mailbox.  TurboTax does not get updates on mailed  (or e-filed) returns.

When the IRS opens its mail and begins to process mailed returns you can check the status on the IRS site. https://www.irs.gov/refunds

State returns have to be mailed to the state.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899433-how-do-i-track-my-state-refund

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I've been wTeing since I filed w turbo tax hack in April 24 the and in it's website it claims there still processing it so why is this taking so long it's bull**bleep** 

After the tax return has been Accepted by the IRS (meaning only that they received the return) it will be in the Processing mode until the tax refund has been Approved and then an Issue Date will be available on the IRS website.
See this IRS website for federal tax refund FAQ's - 
https://www.irs.gov/refunds/tax-season-refund-frequently-asked-questions

Call the IRS: 1-800-829-1040 hours 7 AM - 7 PM local time Monday-Friday
When calling the IRS do NOT choose the first option re: "Refund", or it will send you to an automated phone line.
So after first choosing your language, then do NOT choose Option 1 (refund info). Choose option 2 for "personal income tax" instead.
Then press 1 for "form, tax history, or payment".
Then press 3 "for all other questions."
Then press 2 "for all other questions."
- When it asks you to enter your SSN or EIN to access your account information, don't enter anything.
- After it asks twice, you will get another menu.

Press 2 for personal or individual tax questions.
Then press 4 for all other inquiries
It should then transfer you to an agent.

It really has nothing to do with TurboTax. The IRS really is just the crummy. Look up your state’s Taxpayer Advocate office number. Every state has a few offices. They will actually answer the phone and assign an agent depending on your situation, to see what the hold up is.

I think this is the best reply I've ever seen

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies