Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I still don't see a refund date why?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies
PaulGLO

It can take as little as 3 days to as long as 3 weeks for the IRS to process your return and issue your refund. It depends on the IRS workload when you file. Last year 9 out of 10 taxpayers received refunds within 21 day of acceptance. The IRS expects the same this year.

• Only the IRS can give you a precise date of when you should receive your refund. The IRS updates the status page every 24 hours, usually at night so there is no reason to check more than once a day.

• When your refund is approved by the IRS, your refund status on Where's My Refund? will show approved and you will be given a date of when your refund is scheduled to be sent to your bank. It may take a couple of days after that for your bank to post your refund to your account. 

• Once sent to your bank, your refund status will change to "refund sent," a date your refund was sent to your bank will be indicated.

• The IRS advises that if your refund is not credited to your account by, (another date given, usually 4 days after the deposit by date), check with your bank to find out if it has been received.

• Use the links in the TurboTax FAQ below for more details and to track both your Federal Tax Refund and your State refund.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/5340655

TiffanyL
Intuit Alumni

Where's My Refund Site? will provide an actual refund date as soon as the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund. The IRS issues most refunds in about 21 days, although some returns take more time to review. You can also use the link provided below for further assistance with when you will get your IRS tax refund:

When will I get my IRS tax refund

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

As of today my status is only saying approved. With no date. It does say if you don't see your refund deposit by March 2 please check for a new refund status. Also a big issue is turbotax has not updated my status! I filled through turbotax and im unhappy with a couple of things this time. 

TerukoL
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax does not receive any updates from the IRS once they have accepted your return.  Please click this IRS FAQ link to learn more. 

Has yours been approved yet? I filed on the 20th and mine still showes approved.

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

@Biancaajadee Do you mean your return shows accepted?

The IRS generally issues refunds within 21 days.  If it's been less than 21 days since your return was accepted, continue to check the IRS Where's My Refund? site for information about your refund status.  If more than 21 days, we suggest calling the IRS to inquire about your refund.  Go here for tips on reaching a live IRS agent when you call.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies