Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

rjdworth

I bought and downloaded TurboTax Deluxe. We efiled the Fed return on 1/28/19. But the program won't let me print out the state return to mail in. Why?

I have efiled my Fed return and choose to mail in my state return.  When I go to "Print Center" my Oklahoma State return isn't there.  I see the message: "Your Oklahoma return is currently unavailable to view, print, or download because some of the forms haven't been finalized yet"  So I click on the blue link that says "Notify me when my forms are ready".  It opens to the internet where I enter my email address and I click on "Sign Up" and get the message: "Unable to load messageid.  No forms or products have been specified.  Please close window and try again.

TurboTax Deluxe reviewed my state return and it seemed everything is fine with it so I don't understand why I can't print it.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

I bought and downloaded TurboTax Deluxe. We efiled the Fed return on 1/28/19. But the program won't let me print out the state return to mail in. Why?

The state is still finalizing all forms, which is why they are unavailable to be printed and do not appear on the list.  Oklahoma is scheduled to begin accepting e-filed returns on January 31. Please update your software in the afternoon of the 31st, and the forms should be available to print at that time.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319879

View solution in original post

11 Replies
CassandraLO
Intuit Alumni

The state is still finalizing all forms, which is why they are unavailable to be printed and do not appear on the list.  Oklahoma is scheduled to begin accepting e-filed returns on January 31. Please update your software in the afternoon of the 31st, and the forms should be available to print at that time.

Please see the TurboTax FAQ below:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3319879

I had the same issue with California. Turbo Tax said I could print after E-file which it did successfully and charged me to do so but then I was unable to print or save a copy of my State. How can it E-file if forms are not finalized and can I still print after updating next month?

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

The forms are unable to be e-filed until the forms are ready. 

You can view when the forms are available by clicking here

Once you have been able to successfully sign back in and e-file your return, you can then print it off by following the instructions here

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

So this says I "filed" and "transmission Confirmed" so I'm confused.  If the State of CA forms were not finalized, what was transmitted?  Do I still need to run updates and refile in TurboTax when the forms are finalized? I also have a receipt for the E-Filing fee.

E-File Receipt for State.jpg

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

@2becountry What California forms did you use? 

I'm not sure since I can't view them but I assume only the 540 form since I filed using the standard deduction. The only other form I use is Schedule B for interest income. Looks like the 540 form is available so are they holding everything until ALL forms are finalized?

I did fill out my Federal Schedule A (to record my contributions to charity since we got the first $300 this year) even though I took the standard deduction. Not sure if Schedule A actually goes in.

AkinaLO
Intuit Alumni

@2becountry The Schedule A  is unavailable for e-file but is available for print.

Please review the state forms availability below.

State forms availability table for TurboTax individual...

Please see below for help with printing issues.

Troubleshoot printing issues in TurboTax Online

For CD/Download

Troubleshoot printing issues in TurboTax CD/Download...

Let me clarify. I was able to PRINT all my Federal paperwork. I am unable to PRINT my California State paperwork but TurboTax says that BOTH my Federal and State were SUCCESSFULLY E-filed.

SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

This Turbo Tax FAQ will show you how to print your return. 

How do I print and mail my return in TurboTax Online? How to print online

How do I print and mail a return in the TurboTax for Windows CD/Download software? How to print in the software

Okay everybody here's the scoop, until the federal return is either accepted or rejected both the federal and state returns will be frozen. This is a safety feature to keep you from accidentally changing the federal while it's still in a pending mode.  Return once the federal return has been accepted to see the status of the state return and to print or save PDF copies.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies