I’m from NY can I Efile my amend? And how will I know my amend is accepted?

Yes, amended returns can be e-filed for New York and Vermont state returns (not federal returnsonly. You will check the status of it on your state's website. And you can go here How do I track my New York tax refund? to get details on tracking state refunds for NY. 

It is also recommended to wait until your state has accepted, processed and you have received your state refund before you amend the return. Or if you owe them, you want to pay them before amending return. Do not make any changes in the return before then. 

You can find steps here I need to amend my state return for how to amend state return without amending the federal one. 

Can I e-file an amended state return?

I am trying to file my Federal and NY State amendment for 2017. I know I have to file my federal amendment by mail but NY amendment is required to be efiled. Turbotax takes me through all the steps but when its time to file - it cant seem to do it and says that efile window closed on October 15th 2018. I understand that October 15th 2018 was efile window for your taxes, but not for your amendments. Any ideas?

I’m having the same issue that you had. Did you ever find a remedy?

The ONLINE system is closed for the conversion to the 2019 program  ... your only option is to mail in all amended returns at this time. 

@Critter @xmasbaby0  Thank you both very much!

Hi @xmasbaby0 @Critter , further to my early question, I went to download my state taxes (NY) and print to be mailed Monday morning.unfortunately, the desktop software insist that I must efile my states mended return. It gives me no option to print or save. Only federal. What are my options here? I believe NY now requires efiling amended returns.  Is it possible to upload .tax saved file to online TurboTax then efile? Any help is GREATLY appreciated. 

"It gives me no option to print or save."

You are missing something.  You certainly have the option to print and save your amended state tax return.  Go through the screens in the file section more carefully.  E-filing is closed for 2018 returns.  If you need to amend and file your NY return--you have to mail it.

If you cannot figure it out then on Monday you can call customer support and have someone walk you through it.

To call TurboTax customer support

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1899263-what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number

They are available from 5 a.m. to 5 p.m. Pacific time Monday - Friday

You should at least be able to switch to FORMS mode and open the state forms and print them from there.  Click Forms in the upper right (left for Mac).

Skip the FILE tab ... use the Print Center instead : 

How do I save my return as a PDF in the TurboTax software for Windows?

After you've filed, it's a good idea to save your return as a PDF (Portable Document Format), which can be viewed or printed using the free Adobe Acrobat Reader or Foxit Reader software.

This lets you view and print your tax return if your tax data file (.tax file) gets corrupted or if you no longer have the TurboTax software installed on your system.

Instructions

1. Open your return in TurboTax.
  2. In the upper-right corner, near the top, click Print Center (or, you can choose Save to PDF from the File menu in the extreme upper-left corner).
  3. Select the forms you would like to generate, then click Save As PDF.
  4. In the Save As window, change the default location if desired, then click Save.

If you make changes to your original return, repeat these steps to ensure your .tax file and PDF copy are synchronized.

To print from the PDF file, open the PDF and click the printer icon. If you don't see this, try the tips in Adobe's Print PDFs support document.