How do I track my New York tax refund?
You can track it at the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance Check Refund Status page.
Note: The state will ask you to enter the exact amount of your expected refund in whole dollars.
You do not need an Online Services account to use the Check Refund Status page.
- Sign in to TurboTax.
- Select Take Me to My Return on the main screen.
- At the top of the screen, you'll see Federal Refund and State Refund with the status underneath.
TurboTax mobile app
- Sign in to the TurboTax mobile app.
- On the Welcome home screen, tap Tax Home.
- Locate your state refund amount (you may need to scroll down).
Open your return in the TurboTax program, and you'll see your state refund amount at the top.
Sign up for email alerts to find out when your return has been processed and also see the date your refund is scheduled to issued.
- To sign up, create a New York State Department of Taxation and Finance Online Services account, and sign up for email alerts. Sign up instructions and more info.
The refund date you'll see does not include the days your financial institution may take to process a direct deposit or a paper check may take in the mail. If you're concerned, contact the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance.
As much as we would like to help, TurboTax does not distribute refunds, only the IRS or your state tax agency can legally do so.