Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Event: Ask the Experts about your refund > RSVP NOW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

How to fix my taxes

You can only file one tax return.  All your income has to be on the same return.  You now have to mail in an Amended 1040X to add the missing info.  Go back to freetaxusa to amend.  You have to amend that return.

Bonnie110

How to fix my taxes

I need to correct the employer IN

How to fix my taxes

One payers TIN was entered incorrectly.  I can't edit.

Dklakes

How to fix my taxes

First time I have filed my taxes in years filed married but separate I put in my husband's information not meaning to put him on my taxes I need help please respond

Returning Member

How to fix my taxes

I didn’t put the number in none of the boxes 

How to fix my taxes

@936423 If you did not enter any information then whatever you "e-filed" will be rejected.  But right now you have sent it to pending so you have to wait.

MY RETURN IS IN PENDING—what does that mean?

Did you e-file?  Did you click that big orange button that said “Transmit my returns now?”  If so, your return is now in “pending” on a server.  Do not try to change anything while your return is in pending.

The IRS will not be accepting/rejecting 2020 returns until Friday, February 12, 2021.  You need to watch your emails for the acceptance/rejection notice that may take until the end of the month to arrive in your inbox.  And watch your spam folder too.

When you e-file your federal return you will receive two emails from TurboTax.  The first one will say that your return was submitted.  The second email will tell you if your federal return was accepted or rejected.  If you e-filed a state return, there will be a third email to tell you if the state accepted or rejected your state return.

A state return cannot be accepted until the federal return has been accepted.

https://www.irs.gov/newsroom/2021-tax-filing-season-begins-feb-12-irs-outlines-steps-to-speed-refund...

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
edf326

How to fix my taxes

I missed to add the 1099r to my income

How to fix my taxes

if you filed already.

the return at this point can't be recalled. the IRS won't open e-filing until 2/12/2021. so you'll have to wait. if your return is rejected you can fix it and resubmit.  if it is accepted you'll have to wait until it is fully processed and then file an amended return 

edf326

How to fix my taxes

my AIG was wrong 

Mikenice2323
Returning Member

How to fix my taxes

Need help going back to my e-file do to my taxes getting rejected 

Zay6

How to fix my taxes

I was rejected because my dependent has already been claimed no one should have been able to claim him but I need to take him off my taxes  I need to put no dependent on my taxes

gdg196951

How to fix my taxes

The  irs said that it is more than one w2

Tara1030
Returning Member

How to fix my taxes

Fix my aig

MichelleLO
Intuit Alumni

How to fix my taxes

Please see the below TurboTax FAQ for possible reasons and solutions to fix your AGI:

What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still getting an e-file reject?

@Tara1030

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Bess1918

How to fix my taxes

I filed the recovery rebate. My stimulas says 0

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies