Solved: How to fix my taxes

How to fix my taxes

I'm trying to fix my issue but

T it filed them the same.

How to fix my taxes

We cannot understand the problem unless you give us some more details.  We cannot see your tax return or your account.  We do not know what you need to fix.

How to fix my taxes

How to fix my taxes

I'm trying to fix my taxes

How to fix my taxes

Yes----we get that you want to "fix" your taxes.  We cannot see your tax return.  We cannot figure out what to fix unless we know what is wrong.  Please tell us what is wrong.  

How to fix my taxes

Employee TurboTax Specialist

How to fix my taxes

If you need to revisit the dependent section in TurboTax Online, please click here for instructions.

How to fix my taxes

AGI number needs to be inserted

How to fix my taxes

@Jbooze52 

If you used the wrong AGI, your e-file  be rejected.  When you get the rejection notice, correct it and re-file.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/agi/help/where-do-i-correct-my-agi-in-turbotax-online/00/26311

Note: If you filed late or amended your return, your correct 2018 AGI may not be in the system.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1944348-how-do-i-print-and-mail-my-return-in-turbotax-online

Note:  If you mail your federal return, you will also need to mail your state return.  You will not be able to e-file your state return.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3415597-what-if-i-entered-the-correct-agi-and-i-m-still-getting-an...

How to fix my taxes

I need to fix my my return but it won’t let me

How to fix my taxes

How do I get to it to fix it

How to fix my taxes

@james12 If your return was rejected and you are trying to correct your AGI, please see the directions below:

To revisit the 2018 AGI section in TurboTax Online:

1. Sign in and open your return, if you haven't already done so.
  2. From the left menu, select File (tap in the upper-left corner to expand the menu on mobile devices).
  3. Select Start next to Step 3 (if needed, revisit Steps 1 and/or 2 to activate Step 3).
  4. Select I want to e-file.
  5. Continue until you see the place to enter your 2018 AGI.

See the links below for more information:

For assistance with this, you can call TurboTax and speak with an agent.  TurboTax customer service/support does not have a single phone number but has many different phone numbers based on the type of platform used.  So that we can direct your call to the best person/department to help you:

1. Click on this link: Contact Us
  2. Select your TurboTax platform.  
  3. Ask your question / state your problem.  Do NOT use the word "refund' or you will get a phone number for tax refunds.
  4. Click Submit.
  5. On the next screen, choose the Call option and follow the instructions.  You will be given the approximate wait time.  

You'll get a toll-free number to a TurboTax expert who is specially-trained to handle your particular issue.

"Irene2805 Employee Tax Expert"

How to fix my taxes

Ein # is incorrect so it got rejected how do i simply put yhe correct # in

Employee TurboTax Specialist

How to fix my taxes

Refer to the following TurboTax FAQ for instructions on revisiting the W-2 section of your tax return so you can correct the EIN:  How do I change my W-2 info in TurboTax? - Community

How to fix my taxes

How do I remove a dependent from my tax return so that I could continue for my the year 2019

How to fix my taxes

@irenereyes wrote:

Click on My Info on the left side of the online program screen.  Delete the dependent.